Brigistul

Brigistul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Play two to three months on chips and not on cash then go to freeroll qualifying tournaments and when you reach the last table you can play for money!

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
online poker is totally different kind of play then sitting down and playing poker with your friends or whoever.. don’t get me wrong. I enjoy playing poker online but you need to be free for at least a good 2 to 4 hours if you’re playing online in the tourneys.especially if you make it to the end or even halfway . but there’s nothing better than playing poker with a bunch of your friends ..talking sh*t and having a good time..and I even play with my adult kids and grandkids who are also also grown.. that puts the fun back into it .
I have always thought you would be fun to play with in person. You are a helluva challenge on line.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would tell nothing to younger myself! Anyway this is a game where luck comes first. No matter about the skill you have, but it is difficult to achieve consistently the highest results without luck.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What would I tell my younger poker self? There are 2 things I would tell myself.

You need to become a student of the game and realize there is so much to learn, and things do change over time that you should never stop learning. Even though you may become a winning player at some point, if you stop learning and working on you game other players will catch up and bypass you much sooner than you would expect. "Yes, I did become a winning player only to stop studding the game. a few years later in a big downturn I could not understand why I was not winning anymore." I started to look into my game and saw why. Never stop learning.

The 2nd think I would tell myself, is poker is a long-term game and you need to realize it. I can take millions of hands to balance out a bad or good steek into the mathematical average you expect. This is something I as a math geek knew but did not realize right away the depth of the game. In the last 8 months one sat is very off and running against me. While i know over time it will turn and balance out, back then I would not have expected it to take as long as it can and should take.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that you first study the game, you start practicing and then play with real money from the lowest levels, at the low levels you must be quite solid and not get into trouble, people do not bluff and as long as you bet big you will have strong hand

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never bet with money you aren't willing to lose.
And
Reading the other players is half the game.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play small stakes sit and gos for reps.
Play freerolls to get the rhythm of tournaments.
Play within your means.
Don’t chase losses.
Enjoy the process, enjoy learning.

ScoobyEdu

ScoobyEdu

How about some fun games?
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My first advice to any new poker player is to join CardsChat because it is the best forum and the best possible place to be part... (I'm biased because I love CardsChat)
  • Perfect course for first steps and even intermediate (Become A Winning Poker Player In 30 Days)
  • Best Filed;
  • Many tournaments per week;
  • Lots of rooms to play;
  • Thousands of diverse subjects;
  • and with all this, it is possible to build your BankRoll.

Second advice is to see in the Forum calendar which poker rooms one can play in and register in them, all of which are possible....

Third and one of the most important: BE ACTIVE ON THE FORUM AND GET YOUR PLACE AT THE PLATINUM LEVEL. Because when you become Platinum you can play ALL TOURNAMENTS ON ALL SITES, so this is the GOLDEN TIP. So staying at the level is Extremely Important.

NOTE: If the player doesn't know anything, I would recommend starting with the course... and staying active in the posts in a serious way and with quality posts, as this way you can quickly move up to the Silver and Platinum Level, in addition to contributing to the quality of the forum...

Fourth advice is to try to play applying everything you have learned in the course and if any play is strange, try to save the hand to study it later or participate in the Topic where the hands played are discussed.

Fifth advice is to join the VIP PROGRAM as soon as possible and when you feel comfortable being part of the Cardschat League.

SIXTH: If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask the moderators or older members, as well as check if there is a CardsChat topic of your nationality, for example, in my case, I am Brazilian and we have a topic in Portuguese...

Have fun and enjoy the process... everything comes with time... and ups and downs are normal in this type of game.

WELCOME !!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I could go back 18yrs. in time, I would advise my former self "Don't wait! Don't be afraid to deposit $$'s! Be more aggressive with your bankroll management! Don't be concerned with losing... it is a necessary part of the game! (and we learn most from our mistakes).

And to newbs getting started >>
It's not rigged. The sooner you get beyond this type of thinking, the faster you will succeed.
Know that this game will require discipline, hard work, studying and some potentially long hours (if playing MTT's and hoping to succeed and win the moniezz).
Have fun! If it's not fun for you, you'll never succeed at it.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you could go back in time to your first experiences playing poker, what would you tell your younger self?

One that I would share and wish I had learned earlier: Pay close attention to the words and actions of the other players at your table (live and online). A big part of this game is "playing the player" and not just the cards in your hand.
I would give myself the following advice:

1. Always remeber the three most important things in poker: position, position, position
2. Fold more
3. Raise or fold more, call less
4. Play in POSITION!!!
5. Figure out what your opponent wants you to do and do the opposite
6. Find a game you can beat and play the hell out of it
7. Practice good bankroll management

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The psychological part of the game is extremely important to have success in the long run. Also, learn how to use position in your advantage.

Mart1194

Mart1194

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Those who start out want to see a lot of what they will hit on the flop, so be patient at the beginning, sometimes in an hour of play, you will only play 1 or 2 playable hands.

Bank control, preferably starting very low, microlimits. Or even freerolls to build banks.

Always learn, follow the live shows, take notes of the players at the table and in the end, have fun

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I would tell to play freerolls from the start regardless how slow it is for beginner and actually never withdraw money from bankroll. Or withdraw some but not to use for consuming purposes... but for investing and building wealth.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, the best advice for me would be to create a CardsChat account. The benefits of being a member of our community for a beginner player are obvious. But in general, perhaps the most important advice for every beginner is "Just don't play with junk" :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Just enjoy the game with the good and the bad and eventually Dont forget it îs just a game , Dont try to get rich because you will lose time energy and money. If you play it like a game and enjoy it you will be recompensate with some money too 🤪

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Best advices for new players:
1 Download the CardsChat course and learn from this
2 Play poker with virtual chips and make a strategy for you
3 Play the CardsChat freerols
4 Don't play with too much money,you can lose easy

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I would tell myself to be more carefully with bankroll management . This is the Alfa and the omega for new players , or else they will lose control and game will be fun no more . And to choose better what games to play , watch the action at the tables , then decide which game to try and play .

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Hi.
You can start to play all the events, and CC freerolls, and to work at you game you can read some books about poker, and the course for 30 days, and don't forget it's just a game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I would advise myself not to play after small victories and go straight to high limits and lose money due to variances, which is often the case in poker, and that's why I lost a lot of money and went back to low limits, which is why I lost a lot of time

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Learn Player Positioning at the table is crucial
Depending on the blind structure, playing a GTO style (Learn how to play loose & tight in different spots in the game)
Play a variety of different card games (Omaha, Hi-Lo, Stud, Razz, Pineapple, Fusion, Euchre, Gin Rummy etc) & learn the probabilities of winning hands with non premium hands (play the 56s hands)
Learning which players are passive & aggressive at the table, knowing who the intelligent loose players are is key
Most importantly, have fun :)

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So as many mentioned before, but in other words tight is right, meaning also patience is the key,
means wait for good starting hands and play them correct.
Manage your bankroll very conservative, try to find articles about this on the internet.
Also try to build a roll from freerolls, don't use your own money as absolute beginner.
If you lose this freeroll money it is no loss for you.
And again with those freeroll money don't gamble around with your 50 cent bankroll at NL 2 cash game tables, it hurts too much if you lose
this small roll, and gives maybe a wrong tilt like mindset.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The only thing I would advise myself at that time was that I should join CC as early as possible😅

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you could go back in time to your first experiences playing poker, what would you tell your younger self?
I don't like giving advice, because for me, if advice were good, no one would give it for free.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm not sure I'm good enough at poker to give advice. But I'll try anyway. I think that poker should not be seen as an easy way to make money. For a beginner, poker is more of an easy way to part with money. Therefore, you should treat poker as a hobby and spend a minimum of money on it. And then time will tell whether you are good at this game.