Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Against aggressives, you should play only the hands you're convinced you'll pay to see the flop, whatever the raise will be preflop. That's how i see it.

q3dm4pro

q3dm4pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against aggressives, you should play only the hands you're convinced you'll pay to see the flop, whatever the raise will be preflop. That's how i see it.
Okay. I got QQ in early position and raised to 3bb. Everyone went to the fold. And the opponent in the BB called. It is known that the opponent in the BB is very aggressive and does not miss almost a single hand. The flop is A37 and the BB is all-in. Actually the question is what should I do?

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and peace of mind is important to let opponents off the table and with a good and strong hand is won It takes patience and peace of mind, it is important to let opponents off the table and with a good and strong hand is won!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends . if he/she is a heavy better i think you should only check call him until the end and then (especially if you have the nuts) make a heavy raise/bet on the river

and if he/she doesnt bet much then you should take action and make big bets and raises if you know that he/she doesnt like to fold

ale563

ale563

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments, in general, if I get an aggressive player who has more chips than me, I don't focus on him, I just focus on defending the blinds that he tries to steal from me, I go all in with decent hands.

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play against aggressives, because I'm always with him, I only go when strong or enough hands and they end up exposed exposed.
The best way to play level against them is not going to come in at the right time at the right time and had their hand shoot up as they will try everything against them and hope well that way.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general against Aggressives, call will really good hands. And then pay attention to the board texture post flop.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay. I got QQ in early position and raised to 3bb. Everyone went to the fold. And the opponent in the BB called. It is known that the opponent in the BB is very aggressive and does not miss almost a single hand. The flop is A37 and the BB is all-in. Actually the question is what should I do?

I'm not sure if I understood correctly on "does not miss almost a single hand." You have to know this player a little bit before you decide to call here. If you know the player would raise an Ace board without an Ace in hand, and you know he is not likely to have an Ace, then you can call with some hands. If this player only raises an Ace board with an Ace in hand, then you gotta fold. Even if he bluffs an Ace only 1/3 of the time, you most likely fold here. You need to know how this player plays certain hands before you can safely call. Another way of thinking through this is this: figure how many hands this player would raise on an Ace board (it can be different for different players), and then see how many of those QQ beats. If you're beating most of them, then call. If not, then fold. Another thing... the suit of the flop matters too. If two flop cards are the same suit, he could be raising a flush draw with about 36% chance to hit. This might be a decent call for you since he will miss the flush 64% of the time. You just really gotta know what he would raise with, and calculate how many of those options QQ is ahead of statistically.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this has been cracked; bet your winning hands, check & pot control speculative hands, don't bet too much pf for e.g with middling pairs. Just play ABC TAG.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set them up for failure. Watch their style...and wait for your hand. Slow play when you have cards and let the aggressor bet till river! Then nail him at the end

S

steve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be playing ABC poker for the most part. You will eventually catch them and hopefully extract most if not all their chips.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tighten the range and call him often.
Check call more often when the hands need no protection.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is so aggresive player I am going to take chips from that guy with cards,10 10,A A,AK,AQ,AJ,JK,JQ,K10,KK,QQ,JJ,9 and 10 in same color.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tighten your preflop range and loosen your 3bet range.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and luck no one takes him out before you get a chance. I'm aggro as hell and usually get hit hard. But usually I already made enough chips to take the hit. Tight is right. Once your in your in.

That's what she said....

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For me, I just bide my time waiting for that strong hand and capitalize on the aggressive players. When there are multiple aggressors it changes things a bit for sure. I get the best read I can on them then make my move!!

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Tell me, what kind of exploit do you use against an overly aggressive player who is sitting to your right?

Depends. Does he fold when others push back?

If yes, widen your threebet range.
If no, then take the passive approach and don't raise him until you have a good hand. Nothing wrong with calling down with a hair with showdown value. Don't try to out aggression him unless you are comfortable playing a big pot with mediocre holdings. And do not call with garbage hands.

And if you notice him adjusting to you, then you adjust back.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on a serious note, very good question, there's always atleast one at the table so worth while knowing your options...

This was one of my first nut busting, hair pulling, baby punching issues that almost made me call it quits when it came to online poker as I just couldn't get passed them consistently..

Tried waiting for the right hand/position etc to set them up, but Murphy's law will somehow ensure they still hit their one outers more often than not, so wasnt a viable strategy for me

What I find works for me is a little art of war and reverse psychology... and I don't mean for you to be more aggressive and play like them, as you would surely get beat on their home ground ....this agro, pre-flop raise, shove strategy obviously has to be effective as they wouldn't stick with that rule book if it didn't work more often than not..

Also I found that a good % of these players are late registration folk who are actually playing a numbers game, in that the actual cards mean very little, and doubling, tripling your stack just before reg close, placing you in top 25% where it's now a short sprint to the bubble is their only focus...

When I started playing more PLO, it def gave me better insight into the agro behavioural patterns and how to troubleshoot better when possible ....

And for me that's to break their routine and add a tilting variance to their strategy so they implode themselves e.g

So the good agro players know and expect that after a while, their opponent is going to become more agro as well and try more preflop raises or wait for great cards and play less hands....both of which they counter easily and if all else fails they more likely to leave it up to Lady Luck with huge bluffs and shoves, risks that a conservative player would often not take and therefore they would still be in the drivers seat which is the control you need to break..

Even though all agro players and strategies are not the same, there are a few core categories you can place them in and once identified you can exploit eg. A good % of agro players like to play faster with snap reraises, quick calls etc, intended for their opponents to make tilting mistakes or to think they bluffing which is more dangerous cos the conservative trapper ends up being the trappee which most never see coming....

So for scenarios like this where I know the speed is a key utility for them, I will attempt to exploit that first either subtilely or directly...just to break their expected routine at the least, although this can be just as destabilising for them as the faster pace is to you.. but this is just a simple, stage1, low risk tactic to distract them from your deviant plan, hoohahaha (evil laugh)....and that's to face them off against another player at the table at the right time, ensuring you enter the ring only when the fight becomes your last resort.

So a practical example and frequent tactic for me is.....just like there's always atleast 1 agro person at the table, you also likely to find atleast 1 ego that refuses to fold his BB or that 1 opportunist who just loves to call... Now with my two targets in sight, timing and sizing is key... I should be in an ideal position to set them up atleast once per table round which is plenty of opportunity....so ideally you positioned between the both of them.....as expected the preflop agro raise comes on queue, a slight reraise from me, within the appetite of a BB call, and once again on queue the agro 3/4 bet raise is made as expected.....which is when you fold, sit back and enjoy the fireworks....obviously this is more suited to early blind levels or when you have some extra chips for luxuries, although I've successfully done this numerous times even with a shorter stack...,

Your first successful attack will be probably fly under the radar and at best only raise suspicion after your 3rd....which is when you place the tilting cherry on top by revealing the 7 2 offsuit you reraised with, where some will immediately figure out you set them up, but if not, you can always follow up with a laughing emoji or in cases of mass casualties, the "im so good" emoji after the 7 2 reveal really lands well.

And you will be surprised at how often your deviant plan goes undetected....