Out before the final table.

Andrey Krok

Andrey Krok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand what the problem is, very often I out of MTT before the final table. In tournaments from 45 to 1000 people. I get a small prize, but I stay out of the sweetest. I can't blame it on failure, it happens all too often, even if I'm a chipleader. My out zone is 10-20 pls. Maybe someone faced a similar problem and how solved it?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not understand what the problem is, very often I out of MTT before the final table. In tournaments from 45 to 1000 people. I get a small prize, but I stay out of the sweetest. I can't blame it on failure, it happens all too often, even if I'm a chipleader. My out zone is 10-20 pls. Maybe someone faced a similar problem and how solved it?

Maybe try posting some of the hands that you busted on, and some of the hands that made you short at some point in the tourney. Most likely you're making some mistakes.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For starters, you can't expect to be getting to final table in large MTTs very often even if you are a skilled player, because it requires a lot of luck regardless. You will likely have to survive at least a few all-ins, at which point it just comes down to maximizing your odds and hoping for the best.

However if you find that you're specifically busting out in the final 2-3 tables, it may just be that you aren't transitioning properly from early to late tournament playstyle. Standard early MTT play is usually straightforward tight-aggressive to counter all of the loose/reckless players that you encounter early on, but once you get deep these players have all been picked off, and most of the remaining field will be actively strategic players.

At this point you will also likely be sitting at a table with the same players for a while, as there's less shifting around due to eliminations, so it becomes very important to start taking notes on your opponents' habits and transition to more exploitative play. A lot of smart players will excel here in picking good spots to bluff tight opponents who are mainly playing to ladder; don't be one of those easy targets. Play to win and take calculated risks, even if it means you might only barely crack the bubble rather than floating to 20-30th. This will protect you from being sniped by those players, and will make you more money in the long run when you get those big wins late in the game.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the difference is between wanting to collect some money or wanting to win the tournament if you play to be in the money is possible that you do not win the tournament if you play to win the tournament is possible that several times before the awards but you could be in the sweets prize again and again:aetsch:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I managed to reach for the first time a final table frerrolls club by ranking me 4th after 1 month and 10 days of unsuccessful attempt. at the beginning of the tournament I had more than 600 chips left and I still played tight. I was forced to play 4 flip and I threw 2 pairs of 3 several good hands not to take any risk. Normally I play a lot of hands and I play aggressive preflop but tonight I did the opposite of my game. I played very few hands and just let the other players fight each other. This evening I did not follow this rule so I finished 12th so next time I would think twice before going all-in again so close to the goal. I hope that these inforamations will help you and good luck for your next games.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't blame it on failure, it happens all too often, even if I'm a chipleader. My out zone is 10-20 pls. Maybe someone faced a similar problem and how solved it?

I can't solve your problem, but do have a thought. When you have a chip lead or are near the final table, do you feel like it is your job to take people out of the tournament? If so, that may be what's causing you to unnecessarily risk chips that you wouldn't normally risk.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw one post said something like if you just play to make the money you usually end up just making it and not playing to win. I'd say this is close to the issue.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for about one year and during that time I was at the final table about 7 times. I have never been in the first place, but several times was the third. I believe that my results will improve with gaining experience. In addition, I try to improve my game on the final table playing in the SnG tournaments.

Andrey Krok

Andrey Krok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys for the advices. This is a mistake from the field of psychology and goal-setting. Usually the first target in the tournament is to build a stack and get into the prizes, after bubble the second goal is the final table and the third goal is to win the tournament. Of course you can fly away the first hand with two aces. And Yes, before bubble I play much more closed than before the final table. I'll try to adjust this point and play 10-20 more closed. Thanks alot for help me understand it.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to say. It hepens to me all the time. I see people reaching the final table taking risks all the time.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to say. It hepens to me all the time. I see people reaching the final table taking risks all the time.

This means they are getting lucky, not that they are playing well. Unless by "taking risks" you mean that they go all in sometimes. You gotta apply pressure to win a tournament, that's for sure