Bankroll Management is for Winning Players Only!

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are new to this thread, please read the earlier posts before posting. So many people are posting garbage advice. The advice I payed out is from winning players. If you’re not one, there’s a good chance you don’t know what the f you’re talking about. Don’t be pig headed, learn something and read. Maybe you’ll find the error of your ways.
Also, if you’re primarily a freeroll player, it’s unlikely you’re a winning player. Winning players want profitable games, freerolls are not usually big enough to attract good players. Food for thought?
I play poker everyday, poker is my life and I win alot.

82ndArbn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Been seeing a lot of questions about bankroll management, and how much bankroll should you start out with if you’re a beginner, or even intermediate player.

I’m going to answer once a for all this difficult question:

There’s no such thing as bankroll management for losing players!!!!!!

If you are not a “winning” player, meaning you consistently don’t win more than you lose, no matter how much your starting bankroll is, it will only decrease over time if you don’t improve your game.
If you’re a losing player, and you’re having fun, who cares, have fun. Just understand that you don’t have a “poker bankroll”, what you have is a “Poker budget”

if you improve to becoming even a slightly winning player, now you can discuss based on your winning percentage, what a good Bankroll management system would be for your game.

Really hope this helps all the people confused by this.

P.s.
If you disagree with this, you might be a losing player..haha(seriously though)
I absolutely 100% agree with what you're saying. I think a lot of poker players that are asking this question, probably more along the lines of asking what's the max I should be playing with x amount of money? Or should I be calculating my winnings weekly monthly yearly bi yearly, and the answer is yes.! If you can control your emotions, because you are going to get bad beats you're going to get suckouts you're going to have bad players that will call you all the way down for a gut-shot. You will most definitely have your swings of seeing so many bad hands in a row you're starting to look at a
KJ off suit like it's AA.. you just have to be patient and pick your spots wisely, know when it's time to be done for the day. Any professional poker player who ever said they never had downward swing, where there bankroll took a major decrease common would be a liar. Maximize your profits minimize your losses. Study hooker read poker books and start logging hand history winnings losses Deli weekly monthly and you will most definitely know it's your a winning poker player after 2 months of what I just explained. I hope I was able to help somebody with bankroll management. I'm new to this site, but I love poker. Thanks guys

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that everybody can become a winner with too much effort ,studing,and good HUDs at the tables.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally disagree....

Even if you are a losing player good bankroll management can help you to get along much longer with the same budget...

If you were right then bankroll management would be for no one...

Just as a losing players bankroll will always shrink as you say, a winning players bankroll will always grow so why not play the highest limit so it will grow as fast as possible...

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well put OP. A decade ago I made a living playing online. Bankroll management was key. But now I have a regular job, and poker is for entertainment. I started playing again a year and a half ago, and it is more for fun. I have cashed out a lot more than I have deposited, but now it is more for fun. If I lose what I have on the sites, it is not a big deal and I don't worry about bankroll. Also now I just play micros. I do have a ticket for the BOL 100k next Sunday. so that will be my "big tourney for the year. Also I don't play very much in the summer when the weather is nice.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play with any kind of decent strategy, I think you can be a winning player right away if you play at the lowest stakes.

Then, work your way up in stakes as your strategy improves, and as your increasing bankroll allows.

L

LilBilTheKid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One option

I have heard that it is best to never risk more than 10 percent of your bankroll on a tournament or cash game buy in.
Been seeing a lot of questions about bankroll management, and how much bankroll should you start out with if you’re a beginner, or even intermediate player.

I’m going to answer once a for all this difficult question:

There’s no such thing as bankroll management for losing players!!!!!!

If you are not a “winning” player, meaning you consistently don’t win more than you lose, no matter how much your starting bankroll is, it will only decrease over time if you don’t improve your game.
If you’re a losing player, and you’re having fun, who cares, have fun. Just understand that you don’t have a “poker bankroll”, what you have is a “Poker budget”

if you improve to becoming even a slightly winning player, now you can discuss based on your winning percentage, what a good Bankroll management system would be for your game.

Really hope this helps all the people confused by this.

P.s.
If you disagree with this, you might be a losing player..haha(seriously though)

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if your a losing player using bankroll management atleast you will lose the least ammount.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good bankroll management and discipline go hand in hand. Hard for someone to maintain one without the other in poker if they are trying to take the game seriously.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management