ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What techniques or approaches do you use to grow your bankroll over time? Share your tips on maximizing your winnings while minimizing risk.
What I can think of is the game selection: choosing the right games - where you have an edge, whether it's by playing against weaker opponents or focusing on specific formats.
Also consistency - dedicating regular time to playing poker and maintaining a disciplined approach. What do you guys think?

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'd say that the first rule should be to only join the games that your bankroll allows you. Too many people want to jump up the ladder too fast and join higher stakes that their bankroll can't cover and they are not prepared to play themselves. Building bankroll is a process and not an over night thing.

Secondly, yes as you said, you must choose favorable opportunities. I'm not much of a cash game player, but when I do play cash I will always try to avoid regulars. It's better to take some times and see how the table plays, then just jumping in blind and playing overly aggressive against people you don't know.

And the third one for me would be to be patient. You will win, but you will also lose. It's important to not get discouraged and playing even worse after your loses. It's also important to know when to take a break.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me the best strategy is to win freeroll next play satellite to sunday million.win a ticket and then reach the cash in this tournament.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls until you have 100 buyins, then when you have enough for 100 buyins for the next level up- move up.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
To build a bankroll, it all depends on how much money you have in the poker rooms, or if you want to say from scratch, doing it with Freerolls offered by our CardsChat community.

If it is from scratch that you want to progress, it is to use the freerolls to generate your funds. Then you can play microlimit tournaments or Sit&Go, all calculating an average of 300 buys for MTTs and 100 buys for Sit&GOs, for Cash 100 boxes.

At 888poker there are tournaments from $0.10 and up and lots of freerolls to play. At pokerstars there are Sit&Go's for $0.25, satellites and MTT's from $0.50.

On YouTube, there is plenty of material that talks about Poker Bankroll and how to avoid bankruptcy. Where they explain when and why to level up in each type of Poker.

The world of poker is a very fascinating world, but to be a winning poker player requires a lot of effort and dedication. It is not an easy path of roses to travel, on the contrary, it is full of obstacles and hard moments. Of course, after the great efforts, the rewards are obtained.

S

sonikki

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
1st u have to is like to play poker. U can deposit amount like 50d/100d and starting from the lowest level and have bankroll management.
If go broke, u know u have to study more and there are plenty of source to study the game in online.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My techniques are to play cash tables and play tournaments at the same time that my bankroll grows enough to generate monthly profits.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
To build a bankroll you must respect the bankroll management rules, I advise you to see Cardschat lesson n°20 "variance and bankroll management"

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
to build a bankroll, you need to play free tournaments after getting money from there to participate in tournaments with satellites and go there and play if you manage to get through you go to an expensive tournament to play there and try to reach the prizes there after you make a cool bankroll and then try to get to the final table

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My strategy is simple and banal. I play freerolls and when my bankroll reaches $100 I start playing buy-in tournaments. If my bankroll is less than $100, I only play freerolls, that's my rule.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Does anyone remember when Sharksope had the "fishfinder" that let you know which players were worth sitting down with? It had the graphic spread sheet w/the swimming sharks and the fish jumping out of their bowls and it let you know what site and limit/table they were playing at. That was a definite bankroll builder. Good times, good times.
As always, I've been playing $1-$3///$.02/.05 -$.05/.10 games and going from there. Mainly NLH sng's and PLO(8) ring games. I do enjoy a nice trny but I've been more selective nowadays. I play in the CC US & friends when I can. Nothing wrong with padding my Amazon acct.
For live games around here it's a little trickier, for me anyway. It's a roller coaster of trny's. The cash games are straight up gambling sessions, which I'm not accustomed to. Still getting the feel of them.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... For playing online, implementing rakeback is another way to actually profit off your losses, sorta speak. If you don't have/use it at the site you play at, go to a rakeback site and/or CSR from the online room and request rakeback. Depending on the room will depend on whether it's available or not but it never hurts to find out. ;)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Having built several Bankrolls on several different sites, I have always used the same strategy, Play free-rolls until you win $25 Dollars then start buying into Single table games for 25 Cents, once you make $50. move up to 50 Cent games and so on.
It is hard work and takes a while but it is all free money so even when you lose you are not really losing anything. On Pokerstars I can now afford to buy into $6. Dollar games and still not damage my Bankroll too badly, but I have never withdrawn money from any site until I feel I have had it with the site.
If you constantly buy into MTTs your odds of winning are dependant on how many players register for the game, So with 1,000 players that equates to 999/1 but on single table SnGs your odds drop to around 8/1.
Sure there is less money in the prize pool but Poker is a game of Patience, so why be in a hurry to "get rich quick" Schemes like that rarely work so just be patient.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The strategy I adopted to grow my money is to enter a bunch of tournaments and try to get into winning places .

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Play a lot of freeroll, build your strategy on how to approach tournaments and stick to it.Start playing micro stakes when you grind at least 70-100 buy ins. Be good at min cashin tournaments, build confortable bankroll, and stick to it till you grinded your way up in stakes.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
1st u have to is like to play poker. U can deposit amount like 50d/100d and starting from the lowest level and have bankroll management.
If go broke, u know u have to study more and there are plenty of source to study the game in online.
You go broke without study if you are a new player, im prity sure :D

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I have read quite a few stories of many professional players who banked from free tournaments and became great players and I think that it is possible as long as you dedicate enough time to the game. That zero strategy worked for me but I didn't dedicate time to it and for that reason I hardly ever make a profit, if it allows me to indulge myself from time to time

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Only with patience can you win, you don't have to advance instantly!

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For cash games: 40 limits of the new limit - you play the next limit. Losing 3-4 buy-ins of a new limit - return to the previous limit
For MTT: micro limits - 100-150 buy-ins. Higher limits 200-500 buy-ins

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Play freerolls until you have 100 buyins, then when you have enough for 100 buyins for the next level up- move up.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
ehh thats a stretch

maybe like 10 buyins, getting 100 buyins only playing freerolls takes forever

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does playmoney Bankroll Building Strategy count? If yes, I'm several days without playing and gaining chips every 4 hours. These days, I listen to a lot of poker and learn.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say that the first rule should be to only join the games that your bankroll allows you. Too many people want to jump up the ladder too fast and join higher stakes that their bankroll can't cover and they are not prepared to play themselves. Building bankroll is a process and not an over night thing.

Secondly, yes as you said, you must choose favorable opportunities. I'm not much of a cash game player, but when I do play cash I will always try to avoid regulars. It's better to take some times and see how the table plays, then just jumping in blind and playing overly aggressive against people you don't know.

And the third one for me would be to be patient. You will win, but you will also lose. It's important to not get discouraged and playing even worse after your loses. It's also important to know when to take a break.
I think the same way!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management