Any poker books or youtube Channel for poker beginners u can suggest?

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Any of Jonathan Little's books and his channel. Something like: Mastering Small Stakes Holdem Limit, and from another author we'd have Poker Mental Game 1 and 2.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
For me, the best are the books to be able to develop strategies yourself since you can only learn in general in the tutorial videos.
Texas Hold’em: odds and Probabilities
Author: Matthew Hilger
for tournaments is one of the best for beginners

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Looking for good guides.
In Spanish you can find ZerosPoker in YouTube and MentoPoker too. They are two of the best guys with Spanish content. Even though find Solapoker. And you can watch the series -inside the mind of a Pro- very recommend, in Spanish find the chapters with Adrian Mateos. on YouTube, from winamax channel. If you need help finding this content. Don't hesitate to ask me. I'll glad to share.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I love the series of winamax called "in the mind of a pro", I recommend it.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of stuff is out there but a lot of it will not be suitable for your opponents.

Try to get some money from freerolls and buy something that's not too expensive so if it doesn't work out for you then its not a big deal.

Hopefully the source is suitable for the games that you are currently playing and explains situations and why you do something and what to look out for.

You have to look for info that you can use.

Not something from a high stakes grinder or someone playing hundreds of SNGs an hour or something that you're not doing.

GL

I would recommend Super System 2 not 1 by Brunson because its for people just starting out and it gives solid fundamental advice on all the games.

If you study that, not read it but study it and think about hands then I would say you would be light years ahead of all the " " ones doing all the crazy aggressive donk bets, bluffs, preflop stupid raises that make no sense, checking when they should be betting, etc.

Just 100% stupid stuff that beginners and people you will find in microstakes and freerolls. All ins with 100BBs preflop lol in a tourn.

I mean, pretty sure the guy says "you don't bluff a bad player" in that book, lol.

That alone would make some of these ppl better players, lol. If they actually used the advice, lol.

LOL I'm playing in a omaha freeroll on ACR killing time and I'm watching ppl bet 4x preflop with holdem hands! lol Like jj68 or some nonsense lol or a big pair with 2 bad kicker cards like aa73 and they don't know why those are mediocre hands (especially multi way) at best but SS2 explains it, clear as day.

Book is like 15 years old and is solid.

You just have to know how to apply it.

Last edited:
O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bought Harrington on Hold’em. I would recommend this book. It explains in layman’s terms how to play. It also has a number of hand situations and explanations, odds, etc. so a good one for beginners or intermediate players alike. 👍

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
James Swinney, Adam Jones "How to Play with Ace-King", Leszek Badurovich "Mental Edge" and Roy Rounder "Easy Poker Math" are good books.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both. I believe you can take advantage of both.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan Harrington's books are by far the best ones I've read.