Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you deal with anger when your hand is good and you lose on the river?

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I tilt inside and continue my agame.
If anger becomes too much of an issue I take a break - cashgame.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find the more tables I have going the less the bad beats seem to bother me.

If you have to move on to the next hand you do not have time to dwell on it.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do a John McEnroe, explode and get it out of your system! Works for me!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
In the moment with still hands, time to play just simply move on re-load if needed and keep playing. When the session or MTT is over and if it's been a losing one usually hit the heavy bag and speed bag to take out my frustrations. Works for me and gives me a good workout as added benefit.

Cheers!!!

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to accept everything that happens in my life with gratitude. And unpleasant events too.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Maybe don’t take it personal, it’s just a game. I see a lot of live players loose it because honestly they just can’t handle this game. NL can really test yourself, just be stronger and accept the risk you take.

focus13

focus13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Never mind and play, it's just one of hundreds hands what will lose on river.
If AA or KK always win - this game would be boring.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_205330_PokerBet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_205330_PokerBet.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 1
Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations happen very often. I just don't pay attention to them. This is an integral part of the game and emotions are simply inappropriate here. I just keep playing the way I played before.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have a hobby that makes you angry on even a semi-regular basis, find another hobby.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Depends! Cash games I don't mind so much. They're very much a percentage or EV game. Get it in with the best of it more often than not (with a few bluffs incorporated for good measure) and you can't really go wrong in the long term. Just rebuy and it's all good.

If I lose hands there and get stacked on the river it's part of the variance.

If I bust out of a tournament it's a little harder to take as that's it, the whole thing is over. Still, there will always be a next time.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
River it's like a coin toss, there's always a chance that it will land on the rib, the same with the river, there's always a chance that he'll flip the dude with 27 a straight when you have three. I lost so many tournament on the river.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I hate those moments on river, especially when I'm all in.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, the river is a very dangerous street, you can lose a lot of money on it, especially if your opponent reaches the last card if you fall on his side you won all the way but he closed the map on the river and he defeated you, it's a shame to lose that way, well, I don't worry about such losses anymore, I just close the tournament and go play another

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends! Cash games I don't mind so much. They're very much a percentage or EV game. Get it in with the best of it more often than not (with a few bluffs incorporated for good measure) and you can't really go wrong in the long term. Just rebuy and it's all good.

If I lose hands there and get stacked on the river it's part of the variance.

If I bust out of a tournament it's a little harder to take as that's it, the whole thing is over. Still, there will always be a next time.
Offtopic: congrats on ur username and picture here. Its a pleasure to see everytime and takes me right back to my childhood.

Topic:

if u start to feel anger after busting and games are over: Do immediately something else which requires either brain or manpower. Like this u can forget quick. I recommend to train instantly with heavy weights.

If u continue to play: remind urself that its all one big session and try not to tilt ingame.

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just channel your inner Phil Hellmuth disbelief and yell "Honey, he called my raise with QT!"

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the way i handle it is that what comes around goes around, i have had my share of wins on the river , so its just game.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations usually upset me, but I do not feel anger or hatred. I just try not to pay attention to it. Temporary failures and difficulties are those things that will always go along with good results and success. For me, such situations are another obstacle that I have to overcome on the way to my goal.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I won't be so hypocritical and say that I don't get angry the moment the villain hits his card on the river, but this reaction is momentary, and I soon forget and continue playing, I never get tilted and compromise my tournament because of it.

As I only play freerolls, I know that most players are beginners and will pay until the end trying to hit their straight, fluch and even third pair, and they often succeed, as they depend more on luck than on skill, but I also know that this type of player will be a loser in the long run.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There's nothing wrong with failing on the river, because it's also a station where a card that your opponent was waiting for can come up. The bigger problem is when he doesn't have anything on the flop, but he holds on despite your raises, because it will come down to him anyway (he believes in this from the beginning). And knowing these great online sites, the only card from the deck with 'it' can beat you comes on river.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am try to relax and play another hand. I hope that in next game I take my profit

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I curse a lot, blowing off steam, than I laugh bitterly and play on. If it is worth sharing, I take a screenshot and post it here...

Blumoon888

Blumoon888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I used to get angry, but that's non productive. Now I just applaud the win and remember we all get lucky at some point.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, it hurts when River leaves you. It seemed like a victory, but then everything collapses. It's part of poker, there's nothing you can do about it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At first I was upset, then I got used to it, now it's routine, this is poker, the same way it happens to others, it happens to you too, good luck and long live the river