Anger when losing on the river

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you deal with anger when your hand is good and you lose on the river?
That is tilt we expect to win but forget that the other player can still beat us so we are angry when they do--take the time to realize we win the hand at showdown not before and you will not be as angry. As you play keep reminding yourself over and over that this is the reality of poker. the more you do the sooner the anger will be lessened

:unsure::geek:

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I scream and curse and threaten to quit poker forever,lol and keep on playing

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
How do you deal with anger when your hand is good and you lose on the river?
Over the years I react less and less strongly when a bad beat occurs.
When I started I was baffled and furious about badbeats where today I only would roll an eye or even laugh.

Still some time I have an outburst...like losing as bubbleboy with AJ flopped straight against Runner Runner flush in a GGMasters sattelite 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

I usually have a smoke and walk my doggo to calm down

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It used to bother me, but now I just laugh when it happens.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Look, lately I've lost so many on the river that sometimes I think I'm not playing well. Last week I lost a chance to be chip leader at a final table because the villain had two outs and I had two top pairs and on the river came the unfortunate nine. He had 58s and called an all-in that put him in second place and me in first. He passed and left me with very few chips. I was very disappointed. That day I lost everything I played for afterwards. It's a horrible feeling! I still have to learn to deal with it.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It happens so often that I am numb to it! Sometimes I win this way as well. It all works out!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think the longer you have been playing the less it bothers you, poker has no favorites, get over it, move on to the next hand👍

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I log out and play some chess to forget about it

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've get used to it. I'm prepared for this, that something can go wrong especially on the river.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
u should get in an anger management program like the movie.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Now I was playing a spin, 1x1 remained, I had 800 chips against his 700. The opponent made a 2bet, I made a 3bet with A7 in my hands, he went all in and I did. He has KK, I already thought that's it, there is no chance, especially on the ACT flop, I was already disappointed, 7 on the turn, and A on the river. I will win, and he must have been angry.

SomeRandomDude

SomeRandomDude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BE
Chips
I usually try to reason with myself, asap, that I have been on the winning side of that river-beat as well. Then proceed without mulling over the other players or beat. Usually works pretty well

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While it never fun losing that way I don't let it bother me. It's just part of the game and we are supposed to lose at times. I also use mediation music to get myself is a good, relaxed place.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have a blood rush all through my body and then gradually chill out. It is easier to go through it if you realize you'll be on the other side next time.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on the cards with which the rival paid my bet, if he has good cards and I lose on the river, nothing happens, but if, for example, he goes all in with 4-6 of a different suit and ends up climbing a ladder to beat my pair of Ases, let's suppose, I would be very angry.

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Maybe next time you will be the winner on the Riviera and with a bigger profit 🙂🙂🙂

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It sucks, but relax and carry on.