All-in or not All-in?

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's likely that Villain had Ace with a GOOD KICKED(which might be Q..which would be very bad for you) ..the main problem here is the situation itself..

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im itm i would call if not easy fold for me. When im itm i play to get the ft or bust out so i think i would call that but if not i wouldnt call cuz i often miss flush draws

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hand analysis

that is the question lol

ok you have a Kh Qh

your opponent bets 25 % of your stack preflop and scares of 2 players and still has you covered twice more. (taking away some bluffing options)

but you call anyway

and the flop is As kd 7h
and he continuation bets a further 3rd of your remaining stack to which you call again.

when the turn comes being the 9h
you are sure your opponent has an ace
then he pushes all in

1. if you call and he does have an ace and you miss the flush you are out of the tourny
2. if you call and hit its a double up

would you call to see that river and how many times out of 10 would you call that same bet knowing its your tournament life on the line???

I probably would of let it go preflop or after the flop bet. Depending on how close you are to the money and how much the tourney cost to enter I might chase the flush if it isnt expensive tourney. You could also hit a queen or another king as well as the flush if he has Ax. He could also be on a straight draw/flush draw as well or have a worse king or pocket pair.
Also was his preflop bet a 3 bet? 4 bet? or open?

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im itm i would call if not easy fold for me. When im itm i play to get the ft or bust out so i think i would call that but if not i wouldnt call cuz i often miss flush draws

Yes I guess you are some what correct.

But if you look at how much of the stack you have already put in.
Vs the blinds coming around and stripping you of the rest when an anti is active.
Factoring in that there are still 9 available cards to help you make the flush the odds are stacked against you.

Plus the opponent may not even have an ace.

9 times out of 10 I'd go for this risk.
It's not your typical Texas holdem textbook play
Hence my username lolol

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult situation, I am assuming that you are playing a short stack, otherwise how can the raise be 25% of your stack? I whould probably be allin pre if already in the money, its a good restiling hand. As played I think I whould call. I dont think its a good idea to put opponents on specific hands, better to put them on a range. Sure in this spot Ax could be a big part of his range but as played I still think its a call.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is the question lol

ok, you have Kh Qh,

your opponent puts 25% of your stack preflop and scares 2 players, but you still have twice as much coverage. (taking away some bluffing options),

but you still call,

and As kd 7h falls on the flop,
and he continues to bet another third of your remaining stack, which you call again.

when on turn 9
you are sure that your opponent has an ace,
then he pushes all-in at

1. if you call and he has an ace and you miss a flush, you exit tournament
2. if you call and beat him double

Would you call to see this river, and how many times out of 10 would you call the same bet, knowing that your tournament life on the line? ???

After falling 9 on the turn. I would have thrown off the cards. I might call to see the river if falling 9h.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
under the circumstances..

It all depends on how much bankroll we have in the game, the table position we are in, and obviously the cards we have on hand.:cool::cool:

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is the question lol

ok you have a Kh Qh

your opponent bets 25 % of your stack preflop and scares of 2 players and still has you covered twice more. (taking away some bluffing options)

but you call anyway

and the flop is As kd 7h
and he continuation bets a further 3rd of your remaining stack to which you call again.

then he pushes all in

1. if you call and he does have an ace and you miss the flush you are out of the tourny

would you call to see that river and how many times out of 10 would you call that same bet knowing its your tournament life on the line???

I think this is an easy fold. You're at best 30% to win this hand and I would prefer to be on the other end of these odds. I want to win more than 3/10 times if I am getting my money in. I don't like these odds enough to run with it.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is the question lol

ok you have a Kh Qh

but you call anyway

and the flop is As kd 7h

then he pushes all in

If I decided to put 50% of my chips in the center and I have the draw, I will put the rest of my chips in the pot 100% of the time. If I find myself in a bubble situation I do not go directly into the hand.

Prophet

Prophet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at 1$ Cap I have seen a player at my table going all in every single hand making in 20-30 minutes +70$. In this time I lost 20$ playing AA>A10 and everything in between depending on the position... sometimes folding pairs under 55 utg..... any 6 high being better in this loose structure.

If i could give an advice... from what i learned playing this structure is that you should always call in late position with any suited connectors if all the table is all in.... giving you good pot odds... and is more likely to hit considering the rest of the players could cancel themselves with A high

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longer you play holdem. The less you need to use all in as a crutch. Now everyone does go all-in. But I probably use it less than half as often than I use too. If you lean on using it it will hold your game back in the long run

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion fold, although it consists of several factors.
What position are you in, how is the tournament phase and what player are you in.

B

birdman_ski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a very good question, I use it when I have a low bankroll and according to the patience I have at that time. I hardly ever go all in on the pre-flop.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably would have folded before the turn.

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course you call, thats why you started this hand!

Allin, is in or out, thats it, thats poker.

He may have AQ or AJ or pair of QQ JJ....

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
that is the question lol

ok you have a Kh Qh

but you call anyway

and the flop is As kd 7h

then he pushes all in

Your life is at stake in the tournament since the first hand is given to you. Is there also the possibility that the villain has a strong hand other than -A?- that you fear. In a CashGame I would never pay but in tournaments it is different. In tournaments you can't run away to fight again tomorrow as the final blinds eat up your stack. Look at your hand! You have KK and a flush promise. It is worth taking a risk if it is already approaching the end of the tournament. After all, how do you think the top finishers accumulated their stacks? Risking, of course. Perhaps this will be the last good hand you will receive. So enjoy it. If it works, just joy. If it goes wrong, sign up for the next tournament.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s hard to give an accurate assessment on this hand because you didn’t put the preflop action, how many big blinds each had and positions. It is all relevant in making decisions on each street. With what you’ve provided the pot is giving you roughly 3 to 1 on a call. If he’s on an Ace without a redraw or blocker you’re getting around 26% Pot odds. That means AJ is the top of his range. You should call. If you have villain on AK or AQ it’s going to be a fold. Even if he has a heart in his hand you’ll want to fold. All in all. Fold

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the stage of the tournament, but you are pot committed and all in is the option.

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the type of game your opponent is playing and analyzing her/his game during the match. The note option is very important