antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
if it's early go all in hehe or raise very big ,if it's 3000 chips and15/30 blinds raise 180 or 240 , it depends on villains positionetc , I knw it's very big but you might play for your stack , if noone calls you don't care , better that than slowplay and lose or when you raise a bit and 3, 4 ,5 call I tell you . if it's middle/late level/stage then no problem , raise 3 3,5 or more if some have already limped or bet/raised and play your odds .g/l

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to play all-in preflop and the flop with pocket pairs, mostly calls are sometimes raised, I try to behave as usual, sometimes spend more time in meditation before the swing. and often it helps me. The opponent raises the stakes himself. Often, when they make a reraise fold.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always raise or reraise.Never play slow no matter of situations.Once i am kick out with pocket aces in bubble on satt for ticket by giving the opponent a chance to catch good hand on flop.He had A Q and catch trips Q.After that experience i am play aces very aggressively

BlackMember

BlackMember

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play on PS, easy fold preflop :D lol

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try not to shove pre flop but I think its not a bad way to play AA.

The last thing you want is someone to call with KQ and with a board 2KQ you may feel your AA is still good leading to a big loss. If you had shoved in this situation hopefully the KQ folds.

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@BlackMember: why do you think so ? What has it to do with PS ?

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you so much at all for response. I see it is a little bit difficult and there a different ways to play Pocket Aces. I have to think a bit more about it and find my way. Thanks again.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have less than 10bb I always do Allin. And if the above will do 4BB raise. But it is always still depends on your place at the table, and if you're in prize area

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in. In that case, I wount be followed by small cards. :)

E

evolucian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there would be factors coming into play... Where am I to the button, how many people have limped in, how many can I predict would call a shove, how many chips do I have, have I reached that bubble yet, how loose is the table presently?

I lost right on the bubble with AA a few times, became a luck thing shoving. Those days I didn't have luck on my side. But heads up with the blinds/antes raisin often every hand was a shove or fold... But I knew how those opponents played at the time and it still came down to luck in the end, but it came to my side of lucky. Woohoo for me, oh how many moons still to go before I get to point again, lol

A

alsosusieq2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a pair of aces can cost you a lot

I think it's worthy of a great openening bid but I've lost more with a pair of aces than I'd like to count. Maybe it's just lately for me. I never understand people going all in pre flop, so much is just luck of the draw. I call so many and win on that. I sometimes think we're in a groove so to speak and can suspect our odds and the deck. I've done it and won, but I have lost so many more doing it. I guess the answer is, it's poker and a pair in hand is no more powerful than a pair on the table - do what you want and hopefully get a good flop.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on too many factors especially whom your playing with your blinds etc... if is say mtt with larger stacks and is a buy in say 10 or higher you wont get a lot of play often with aa all in. So each situation should dictate how you play. To me I want opponents all in not one but multiple if possible yep is chances I lose but thats poker and variance ill live with it. I will say i try to play aces with position which is a factor the same as would play aj or something else. Depending on my opponents and my history has a lot to say on how im playing this time.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise 4bb and if someone raise me i go all in,we must accept that we can lose with aces too thats poker :)

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful says all-in cuz you have the best starting hand in poker esp when you short stacked:D

D

Dingospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in. Better cards I cant get.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as said before, depends on your opp moves. your stack, what u know from your opps. I try to get as many chips as possible with less villains as possible, so, if necessary i´ll 3bet-4bet-all in.

K

kishiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments all in is a good choice. Players are playing slowly and they are scared to lose their chips. if u have good strong hand all in is really good choice

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game according to the table, if they are payers I can also enter from shove, but if they are passive, it is better to take a raize and see the flop!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is very stack size dependent
but allin with AA usually not optimal unless you think think the shove will make it look like you dont have AA

In some of Colin Moshmans videos he shows where he shoves AA, because he is playing smart regs who would put him on AA if he limped with 10bbs utg, but if he wasnt playing smart regs he may limp

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop 3X, sometimes call from UTG to both not to scare rest of the table or reraise a later aggressor

L

layerlord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try choose the optimal answer to the actions infront of me. But a don't love put on 75BB or more at pre-flop. It's just a pair.

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker Players.

I want to ask how you play Pocket Aces in MTT ? Most I go All-in but lost against Straight (even low) or Pocket Kings with a Set. But I think, sometimes I have to go All-in to raise my Stack. How do you play ? Looking forward for your answers.
Rember dont go all in if this is multipot all in cuz AA can beaten with flush or straight.