All in-bad or good?

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so don't listen to bobboss cause that's just not true. Actually, the LAST thing you want to do here is just call with that low of an "M"

Ship in and hope for a win or at least blind $
You did nothing wrong

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you could have waited, and gone one more blind. you may have picked up a better hand.

but i don't mind the shove with A 10 in this spot.

What hand?

AA KK that would be nice, but probably wont come.

99?

TT?

AJ?

AK .. would be nice.. but realistically??

When shoving 10 BB, you actually welcome a call from any hand.

10 BB is short enough that you will get looked up often, but large enough that a double up will be useful.

Lets say he waits 3 orbits for a better hand... losing 1.5 BB per orbit. He now has 5.5BB and lets say he doubles up.

He now holds 11BB and is probably very close to the next level, wheer all of his hard work and discipline pays off by halving his stack because of the blinds being raised.

Playing tighter is just treading water. You might just make it into the money, or maybe go out a few places higher, but you are not playing in a manner which is putting you in a position to place high or win.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate all ins with AT ... you only ever get called by hands that dominate you (AA AK AQ AJ). I think its better to shove with any two cards like low suited connectors if you're really getting desperate at least you might suck out with 2 pair or trips or a straight. Those or solid pocket pairs obviously.

i like the allin but not the cards. you got to keep in mind the types of hands that call you. i dont generally play AT so i wouldnt shove w/it. i dont change the hands a play too much just how i play them. i shove 56s here all day long.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this shove was totally fine..

like stu said what else would you be waiting for to shove with?

very unrealistically you would get a huge hand so this was a great shove imo....just unlucky you ran into AQ and even unluckier you didn hit your 10 lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my short-lived experience, it seems when you're insanely low, anyone will call, when you only have a few blinds left, and AA, KK, JJ, always seem to get beat when you're low...so I just pray
Hi Ted, what you're explaining here is exactly what you don't want to be doing in a SNG. You definitely cannot just sit back and wait for monster hands while you blind out. Even if you do get dealt QQ with 3bb's left, you will get called 100% of the time as your opponent will be priced in to do so and if there's been a preflop raiser, you might even get a bigstack on the blinds checking it down with the raiser to KO you from the game. You absolutely MUST be getting your chips in while you're still sitting on a min. (in most cases) of 8-10bb's. You can shove much more wide in this circumstance (but with some guidelines of course) as you will still have some FOLD equity. Opponent's will have to have a tighter range with which to call your shove as they will be potentially be taking a crippling blow if they do call your shove & lose. Also on this note, shove A.I. with all of your range (monsters included.. it is a sure giveaway if you've been shoving and then all of a sudden only fire out a min-raise w AA & KK). By shoving your monsters it'll help to disguise your hand strength and say if you've been shoving AI a few times already and then wake up with AA and shove it AI again... good chance you will now get called and double up on your way into the money.
Hope this made a bit of sense to you.... as I'm unable to really even begin outlining key objectives and SNG principles in such a short space.
GL on the tables! (letting oneself get blinded out in a SNG is a HUGE blunder!!)

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^thanks, i've learned there's no use trying to sneak into any hand, especially at that point in a sng, and you gotta just shove. and i've learned to shove sooner than i was. instead of getting 2 or more callers, i might get one, those are better odds. its hard to just let go sometimes though. when things get nearing desperate, what hands should still be considered no-no's?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
^^thanks, i've learned there's no use trying to sneak into any hand, especially at that point in a sng, and you gotta just shove. and i've learned to shove sooner than i was. instead of getting 2 or more callers, i might get one, those are better odds. its hard to just let go sometimes though. when things get nearing desperate, what hands should still be considered no-no's?

This depends on position and fold equity, too.

I don't like overgeneralizing but I tend to cast away any unsuited, unconnected rags at this stage.