AKo heads up. What’s your move?

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's amazing how dynamic this game is in that there is only a "right answer" given your situation, and even then it can be a coin toss.

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is power

In this situation, I would call in any case. That's more in the first place: it's a friendly game, and secondly: you said that you are all beginners. And thirdly, your friend is unlikely to be in the range of AA,KK or QQ.So calling with AK will always be a plus:icon_chee

O

otadd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
insta all in HAHAHA just do u have a great chances

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You for sure made the right decision. The results weren't what you wanted, but feel good in your correct play.

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called too. There are always odds for him to win, but yours were better.

M

martkal44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have shoved all in pre flop if the VILLIAN has been calling bets all night long.

However, in the position you said...it's an easy CALL and always an easy call. This is the optimal decision for you against how you have described VILLIAN.

To be honest, even against the tightest of players I would still shove all in, as a raise to 10 practically gives you no fold equity once the flop comes.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All................................in.

Or Fold

D

dempdem13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never folding ak HU. I'm looking to get it in no matter what. unless its like the first level or something and I'm confident I'm flipping.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get it in, but nothing is guaranteed to win. Even AA isn't always going to win.

Imagine in that same spot you had had KK (since a A came on the turn) and the same board ran out, you still would have lost but maybe not questioned it so much. Focus on making +EV plays, rather than the results.