Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a freeroll yes

otherwise it would depend on the opponent . if he/she is loose then i might call but it depends on the situation and how deep i am etc

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been out of many tournaments because of these cards, nowadays at the beginning, I play more cautiously.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe not in a deep stacked tournament with a 215 buy in like sunday million however in lower buy in tournaments with less than 100 bb i would go all in with ak considering the fact that only aces and kings are dominating ak and you have blockers of both making it less likely that villain have these hands. maybe i might consider folding a shove after a 3 bet or 4 bet shove if villain is a very tight player otherwise i would just go all in.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is known among poker players as Anna Kournikova, looks good but doesn't win! This is an easy way to play a hand in non-stacked games. However, there are several factors to keep in mind:

Much depends on your opponents. Are your opponents loose or tight? What are their preflop calling, raising and reraising ranges? This is important because if they are tight you will not go all-in preflop. There will be little point in this action. But if they call all-in with K7s or 75o, you can play for the stack.
Position at the table matters a lot. Positional players usually open fewer hands in early position than in late position. Thus, if there is a raise from early position followed by a reraise and then another reraise, then AK should probably fold. But if the raise comes from the button and the small blind calls and you are in the big blind with AK, then this is a completely different situation. In this case, AK is probably the best hand.
Think about the future. This point differs from the previous two regarding opponents and position. This is because the first two points tell you a lot more about what a particular action means. Raising, re-raising, and re-raising in action does not necessarily mean AK is not the best hand in the game. It doesn't matter if there is active action preflop or not. What matters is who raises and from what position. Some people's raising and reraising ranges are very different from others, and you should pay attention to that.
The depth of the stack matters. The fewer the blinds in the stack when all-in, the less significant your mistake will be. If you face aces or king. Playing 40 BB is much easier than playing 500 BB, right? And honestly, if you have 500 BB in front of you, you should never go all-in with AK.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good question, the truth is that I think that in the early stages going all in with AK is not a very good idea, as long as you go against a pair, whatever it is, even deuces, you have a big probability of losing the bet. However, there comes a stage of the game in which many are desperate and challenge you all in with high cards and that is where you come out well, usually not always, with ace king. Cheers and good luck when you get this pair, they can be your best friends or your enemies for life lol.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on two things for me.

1. Buyin for the game
2. Who is shoving. if its'a call situation, or whom is left to call if I am first to shove. By whom meaning how often I have played the person and what kind of read I have on them.

If I am playing in a vacuum (no read on the player) I am only shoving with this hand in a freeroll.

P

putski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if its a free roll then I would and depending how long I want to play other wise I've seen AK get beat 10 out of 12 times!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to go all in with AK early in a tournament. The early stages of a tournament are a great time to learn about your opponents. This is better accomplished by playing each street instead of going all in preflop.

Going all in early also typically either win you a small pot or in a race situation.

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always go all in with AK. The pro's im watching on Twitch are doing the same. I guess it's a wrong decision to fold it, because most of the time u have the best cards.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s a natural one - all in.
But it depends on tournament and if it starting or close to the $$.

S

SawViper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not. Early stages you can get called with low pocket pairs making it essentially a coinflop where instead you can see a flop and outkick someone who has a Ace stealing a big amount of their stack or they. Ak has a lot of playability postflop so try to take advantage of it.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stage? Hmm maybe I will if the opponents are not serious.