Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Give tips on how not to be nervous after moving and not losing the entire bankroll? Because I can't help myself out of my nerves and want to instantly recoup from those unfair moves.

Getting nervous is normal and even professionals get this way when its a big time hand. To make things better you also need to play within your bank roll limitations.

I was given some great advice in my early days of poker. Play withing you bankroll. I was ashed what i played and how much I was willing to deposit. I was playing 45 man and 180 man SNG mostly. I was told what level to play and start with 150 buy ins. I would not go up or down unless I got to a certain level. If I was down 150 Buy ins I would drop to the next level lover and that would bring my roll to 150BI. If it happened again I would drop again. And again and to the lowest level possible. With this deposit and all the drops that were available if i never cash one time I would be able to play 425 tournaments before going broke. Now lets be serious, even if I had a negative ROI of 50% i would be able to play for a long time before going broke. If I won and was up 75 BI i could move up a level but if I lost 1/2 on the money i was up I had to drop back down again. Yeah it was tough but allowed me to learn the game and not go broke.

As for recouping your losses. If your chasing the money tryin to get it back your mking a huge mistake.

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
Here's a tip for you:
Stay away from Tempest on PokerStars.
That game is a B!tch! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously some might think that they can double their balance with this game. Some might do it, but it will kill you in the end.
Play it for fun with money you are willing to lose. If you win, great.

Robbit

Robbit

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try a better bankroll management...so maybe you not lose all your bankroll.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Playing poker while angry is the worst thing you can do. You make bad decisions that makes you lose even more. :(
I agree, good words! Anger is the enemy of any business. You just need to learn to control yourself - it's not that difficult.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Give tips on how not to be nervous after moving and not losing the entire bankroll? Because I can't help myself out of my nerves and want to instantly recoup from those unfair moves.
I wonder why you think you lost your bankroll unfairly?
Losing your bankroll indicates that you don't have bankroll management, or that you don't follow it. Failure to comply with the bankroll management system equals the loss of the bankroll, all is fair.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a self-imposed discipline, so you can actually do whatever you want. This is the problem.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never had more than 5% of my bankroll on the table at any time and I've never gone broke. Start low, learn the game and move up when you are winning confidently.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Establishing a good bankroll and its limits is very important. I believe that if you create solid rules and follow them, you will more easily avoid this situation in the future. As has already been said here, choose a limit for yourself, 100, 200, a number that makes you comfortable and respects the values, you will hardly have major problems.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The main thing is typically to not play so big that your entire bankroll is at risk

Always worth reviewing the classic bankroll management fundamentals to help you avoid this situation

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management