Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Give tips on how not to be nervous after moving and not losing the entire bankroll? Because I can't help myself out of my nerves and want to instantly recoup from those unfair moves.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pretty easily...gamble.

What I mean by that is don't get into situations where your nervousness make you more inclined to fold.
Be more aggressive when you get good hands. Which means bigger bet sizes and preparedness to shove early with premiums.

Here's my number one tip....build the bankroll, then play poker, rinse and repeat.
The nervousness comes from playing with money that you need for other purposes, or would like to spend elsewhere.
If that is your situation you will always look at a dwindling bank roll as a negative.

I look at it as opportunity:

£200 to play poker
£100 to play poker
£50 to play poker
£20 to play poker

I never think .."OMG I've spent £150 and now only have £50, then I'm broke".
If you think like this then you haven't built a bankroll, you've built savings and shouldn't be playing poker with it.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
With good hands I play aggressively, but always poker gives the best card on the board to rivals

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
With good hands I play aggressively, but always poker gives the best card on the board to rivals

Naaa...sounds like your aggression doesn't begin until the flop and your allowing an opponent to get to showdown.

People are calling you with 10-8 off then hitting the flop themselves, so obviously your AA is cooked.

Tip number two....if you don't hit the flop, just fold your hand if meeting aggression.

People are guilty of watching too much youtube, without realizing it's been edited...Kid Poker isn't throwing huge sums of money into every single pot with AK, after an opponent has called and is now the aggressor with bottom pair. Just peel the odd card off, then get out of the way.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Так, я дійсно думаю, що ці гроші для решти знадобляться. Тобто я хочу накопичувати гроші і вигравати в покер, а не програвати.
Listen..it might be how I'm saying it, so apologies.

Here it is plain and simple.
I have a tall sweet jar in the kitchen with coins in...I'll wait until I feel it's sufficiently full then whatever is in it, gets deposited into one of my Poker accounts.

It's literally POKER MONEY!...winnings don't go back into the jar, they stay in the poker account or get spent. The other year I treated myself to a 55inch TV!
So you can see, I'm not a serious player looking to hit the big time.

I also have right at this moment in time, £145 in my wallet.
I'm not going to deposit £40 from my bank into a poker site because I've some spare cash. That isn't a bankroll !

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
After you lose, you should just not play poker on this day if you're angry just do other things after you come the next day and start over and repeat this procedure every day for a month then you'll get used to it;)

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Playing poker while angry is the worst thing you can do. You make bad decisions that makes you lose even more. :(

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
hahahaha the story of my life happens to me every week I go up to the sky and fall to the ground sometimes I feel like the game doesn't want me:eek:

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many factors to losing an entire bankroll. Just some questions to keep in mind and ask yourself.
For one….how big is your bankroll?
2 what size stakes are you playing?
Its best to play games with a stake size that is only a small % of your total bankroll
The only money in my bankroll is money that I can afford to lose. If I had money in my bankroll that I should not be playing with because I needed it to live, I would be so stressed out all the time and probably not play as relaxed and focussed.

Best of luck and hope you can build up your bankroll and playing poker goes better for you soon :)

Last edited:
R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should play with money you won't mind losing. It's hard to arrive at cash tables. That's why I only play tournaments. Either play at the lowest limits or don't play with cash.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess, you are trying too hard. Set yourself daily limits, like you have $100, so you can play 3 x $1 Tourneys a day for a month. If you made it to win in this month, you add another tournament, maybe 2,20, but keep playing your $1 tournaments. Grow by winning!

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I guess, you are trying too hard. Set yourself daily limits, like you have $100, so you can play 3 x $1 Tourneys a day for a month. If you made it to win in this month, you add another tournament, maybe 2,20, but keep playing your $1 tournaments. Grow by winning!
Sound advice....though you should bank the winnings for next month.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello I started without depositing. I played a lot of free. especially in the pandemic. And with some chests that PS. and thanks CC. I managed to have a good bank to play more calmly. playing with the money you are winning gives you more peace of mind

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Give tips on how not to be nervous after moving and not losing the entire bankroll? Because I can't help myself out of my nerves and want to instantly recoup from those unfair moves.
Why are you nervous? Are you playing with money you can't afford to lose. The use of the word unfair tends to indicate that you have little understanding of poker & yet are willing to place your entire bankroll at risk. Play only free rolls until you gain some understanding of the game.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do not try to win back immediately, sort out your hand base, find mistakes and take this into account for the future, in poker at a distance, patience plays a big role

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose at one type of game try a different one next. Jeep changing until you find a compatible table..

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Playing poker while angry is the worst thing you can do. You make bad decisions that makes you lose even more. :(
Lmao you dont need to be angry to make (extremely) bad decisions ...

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I've been in your shoes more than once.
The best advice I can give you is take a break for a week and start rebuilding.
It's rarely successful if you just continue right away.
Mental state is a very significant factor in poker.
Live or online

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to train yourself to avoid future tilts otherwise this will happen again

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Cheer up brother, you are not the only one, today you lost tomorrow you will win, this is how poker happens, everything will be fine, the cart drives!!!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's taking breaks so important .You need to try and play wisely.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is definitely a problem.
I only started playing online poker this year, and within the first month I lost my bankroll (well, we can't consider it relevant as it was only $20 at the time).
I promised myself that I wouldn't let it happen because I knew that I had lost everything due to lack of control precisely because I saw 'miracles' happening for the villain.

Initially, I think it's clear that you should work on your poker mindset and set goals for losses.
Always play buy-ins of at least bankroll/100....some people recommend /1000 others /50...so you should find what works for you.

We cannot control the actions of others, so we must focus on improving our own.
Today I went crazy with 3 hands from 3 different tournaments... they all broke my structure and made me lose the respective tournaments, but in my case being a tournament is less painful in my pocket.
Taking a deep breath, having a boxing bag, smoking some good weed helps me during the session.

Anyway, good luck at the tables... and try to define your priorities in the medium and long term...

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
only time I guess.
and begin to accept that we both take bad beats and give bad beats to others.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management