AA vs KK

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In full ring play (9 players), you'll run your pocket kings into pocket aces about 4% of the time... in 6 max format it's about 3%.

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never personally experienced this hand !!! I would hate to have a KK vs AA, it would not be nice to have a AA vs KK and the flop has a K hahah...

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's entirely maths!

Heya all,

The question is this:

Hero holds: KK
Hero worries Villain has AA, what're the odds?

Chance of Hero holding KK = (4/52 * 3/51) = ~0.45%
Chance of Villain holding AA = (4/50 * 3/49) = ~0.50%

So the chance of Villain holding AA against Hero's KK is ~0.50% 1 in 200 times --note: when the hero already has KK.

This is in a two handed game (heads up). Adjust for any other player having AA will raise the chances to ~4.3% for 9-handed. So, 9 handed Hero with KK has approx 1:20 chance of meeting an over AA.

(Hope that's right. lol!)

Have fun all,
Mr Skinny

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about this? You have AA and other two players has KK both[emoji23]

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, the number of possible such situations is reduced primarily to the number of players at the table who were not yet like and how many of them have already folded their cards (since it is unlikely that someone will fold with an ace).

The chance that you will find a QC in hand 221 to 1 is 0.4% that you see two kings in the starting hand.
The probability that the opponent will receive a pair of aces in the starting hand is 221-1, but here it is worth considering two kings. So it will be assumed that Aces can be dealt not with 52 unknown cards, but with 50 cards. So the chances for AA are slightly higher - 0.48%, about 205 times.
Of course, you can not lose sight of another important point - such as opponents. Of course, we can calculate the number of discarded cards, but we will not do this, because in this case the data will not be very true.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello my noble poker table mate, in my opinion we should play cautiously with KK if we want to move forward in the tournament, regardless of the position you are on the table, regardless of how much stack you have, play with caution, My goal with KK is to hit a three of a kind on the flop, so we can bet everything. Keep in mind that a pair of KK is not invincible. Play cautiously for the purpose of forming good games.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more I play, the more I am convinced that these two hands should play in any case, relying on the position, the stack of opponents and my own.
It is not always necessary with these hands AA, KK to go to the VABANK especially when the bank is big and there are many players in it.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just pointing out that this thread is not about how to play these hands, it's about the likelihood of them occurring together.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The approximate probability that the villain has a pocket pair AA, and the hero KK is approximately 4.3% (these are 9max tables), i.e. 1 of 20 times.

B

BiggRick33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you play KK cautiously? I think it all depends on what position your in.

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in NAM plyin a different game and got dealt AA hole 7 card stud holdem was not the game in NAM. I slow played it and my cpt called. A showed and slowed it
took him for the pot. He was the person carried out

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens all day online.. and usually the KK flops a set to crackm. Just another way the gremlins keep ya in check.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow that is interesting. It seems to happen a lot more than the percentages show.

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nikolay thats not his question. He asks what is the chance that when he has KK someone else at the table has AA in the same hand. Now the answer. It should be only a slight chance of that happening but on pokerstars, you get that every other tournament.

Because online u are playing tOO many hands and second one, u can get situation KK v AA on any one room

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys,im interested how much percent is the chance in tournament poker that when i hold KK someone else is holding AA?

Found this somewhere....

Some tournament tables are 10-handed or 9-handed depends on structure...

8 Opponent​
3.84%​
9 Opponent​
4.32%​

Good luck !

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to me last night in a cash game.

Both of us eventually went all in and the flop/t/r helped neith of us.

Looked at my hand histories and out of 76 times I have been dealt KK this was the first I went up against AA.

My experience it is rare.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened to me last night in a cash game.

Both of us eventually went all in and the flop/t/r helped neith of us.

Looked at my hand histories and out of 76 times I have been dealt KK this was the first I went up against AA.

My experience it is rare.

Heya UberRogue,

Nice to see some stats rather than "it happened to me!"

So 76 x KK, first time you saw AA over. Over how many hands? Is that known there were no AAs or some times you didn't see?

Thanks for your time m8.

Stay sharp all,
Mr S

If they're seen hands, that would be 1:76 rather than 1:20 and I would really like to know that. Over a few 10's thousands hands or more would be.... telling.

Last edited:
W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember calculating this not long ago, and the chances of someone having AA when you have KK at a 9-handed table is about 4%.

chatocham

chatocham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the Kings than Aces.Kings always wins in the river.Always.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If You hold KK and there is one player to decision after You there is 0,49% Chance that he have AA

When You hold KK on UTG, and have 8 opponents, Chance that one of them hold better pair is 3,91%

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's easier then without any calculations to say that the probability then I would say 50% to 50%
That's impossible.

the chance of getting a specific pocket pair is close to 0.45% (I'm travelling, so don't have the table with me, but that number I remember, I think; I'll check next week).
So:
- you getting KK, roughly 0.45%
- on a table of 9, there is 8*0.45=3.6% that someone else gets AA (actually slightly higher, as you already have two cards which KK; not 1 A).
The probability of both happening in the same hand is 0.0045*0.036 = once every 6000 hands.
I think is actually lower than 3.6% because someone else has an ace or maybe in the deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sure seems like it happens to me a lot. I get KK and think this is my chance to double up and Bam I run into AA.
That's we are trying to calculate the whole time.It cannot be often it must be expressed in percents.

The data given in the tables is only a probability. poker game of dispersion and various unexpected situations at the table. it's not just math but also intuition and luck. one I think is correct. that with this situation you will not encounter often.
Women have intuition.We men depend of our own will.

Heya all,

The question is this:

Hero holds: KK
Hero worries Villain has AA, what're the odds?

Chance of Hero holding KK = (4/52 * 3/51) = ~0.45%
Chance of Villain holding AA = (4/50 * 3/49) = ~0.50%

So the chance of Villain holding AA against Hero's KK is ~0.50% 1 in 200 times --note: when the hero already has KK.

This is in a two handed game (heads up). Adjust for any other player having AA will raise the chances to ~4.3% for 9-handed. So, 9 handed Hero with KK has approx 1:20 chance of meeting an over AA.

(Hope that's right. lol!)

Have fun all,
Mr Skinny
Why this chances cannot be reverted?

How about this? You have AA and other two players has KK both[emoji23]
Good idea for the next thread.

Of course, the number of possible such situations is reduced primarily to the number of players at the table who were not yet like and how many of them have already folded their cards (since it is unlikely that someone will fold with an ace).

The chance that you will find a QC in hand 221 to 1 is 0.4% that you see two kings in the starting hand.
The probability that the opponent will receive a pair of aces in the starting hand is 221-1, but here it is worth considering two kings. So it will be assumed that Aces can be dealt not with 52 unknown cards, but with 50 cards. So the chances for AA are slightly higher - 0.48%, about 205 times.
Of course, you can not lose sight of another important point - such as opponents. Of course, we can calculate the number of discarded cards, but we will not do this, because in this case the data will not be very true.
What if we presume that two aces are dealt latter?Then it wouldn't be 50 cards but less.

Hello my noble poker table mate, in my opinion we should play cautiously with KK if we want to move forward in the tournament, regardless of the position you are on the table, regardless of how much stack you have, play with caution, My goal with KK is to hit a three of a kind on the flop, so we can bet everything. Keep in mind that a pair of KK is not invincible. Play cautiously for the purpose of forming good games.
Oh i remember you,you cot me money...lol just kidding.You play cautiously with poker,really?With what type of cards in your hand then you play aggressively?

The more I play, the more I am convinced that these two hands should play in any case, relying on the position, the stack of opponents and my own.
It is not always necessary with these hands AA, KK to go to the VABANK especially when the bank is big and there are many players in it.
What is VABANK?

The approximate probability that the villain has a pocket pair AA, and the hero KK is approximately 4.3% (these are 9max tables), i.e. 1 of 20 times.
You will not get pocket kings 20 times.

Last edited by a moderator: