AA preflop: All-in or check?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that on the pre-flop to go all-in with AA is necessary with a short stack.
In general, with pocket pair AA - raise to 4-5 BB from any position. If the opponent made a raise then 3-bet, 4-bet and so on up to all-in. One of the main rules of the game with pocket AA - do not slowplay.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So AA I would never check preflop. Except in a Satellite where I have the ticket 99% save.

Depending on what you have for players at the table, call or flattcall sometimes only as a trap. Or in SB vs. BB situation that's an option too.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have seen some crazy mistakes and humiliating losses , even in Final Tables , because one just limped with AA in blinds war or HU , and got crashed by a trash hand of the opponent , maybe two pair on the flop or flush/straight hand .
Lol , almost never I limp with AA :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're in the big blind against the small blind, you can make your opponent be more aggressive. Just say the check.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with AA you must give value to the hand does not have to be all-in on the pre-flop but you want to raise or a 3 bet depending on how the hand is being played at that moment, making check you allow many players to enter that hand and that is never good because you can not have a certainty of the range of your opponents therefore, you must always increase with AA is my way of acting even if nobody calls and I only win the blind

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can to make the call with AA only on huge 4 bet + if you making all-ins only with AA and your opp know it well otherwise we always wanna to see all-in with our AA ;)

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On 888 it's all in as every second board has 4 cards of the same suit and so you have 2 nut flush draws. On PS it's a fold, as 44 will hit a set anyway or T4o hits a straight. :):confused:

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you test AA, then one day you will fall into your trap.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is the strongest pre flop hand but you should pay attention to some aspects of the table too! It depends on the best way to play with each opponent because the objective would be the call of the opponent. I don't like slow play with this hand most of the time. sat

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is very little reason to not bet with your aces. You want to be up against one, maybe two players post flop and betting will increase the value of your aces so you get paid off and will give you a better idea of your opponents range when they call and will give you a huge advantage if they shove. You're better off betting and taking blinds or antes instead of calling and having them hit a flop. Always bet and re raise a preflop raise and don't always get married to your aces.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have bad memories with AA and slow paly, like assault to isolate me with one villain.