AA preflop: All-in or check?

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question for advanced players, the question is that with two aces I often play online whether it is a good tactic or maybe I should wait, help

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't quite understand your question? could you rephrase it please

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the question is either slowplay or bet. In my opinion, you bet your hand to try to get some weaker hands that could catch something out of the hand. You want to try to get either heads up or 3 handed with AA.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to play with two aces, you should be ready to throw this hand if the flop did not suit you. If you can’t do this, it’s best to go all-in right away !!!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually check with Aces. I do sometimes if I'm playing with a very aggressive player(s) who is always looking for a sign of weakness to pounce, especially the ones who like to shove as a steal.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TheDude got the right ideal here. Limping in could bring more to the party. HU you are 80% to win and with two in you are 60% to take it. Isolate to you're own comfort level.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult to answer such a question. But in any case, with a couple of aces is better to play than to fold.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA I'm almost always betting - for value and the thin the field. The only time I might limp them is if I'm nearly certain that someone left to act will 3-bet, in which case they are thinning the field and building the pot for me.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it's very simple, AA is the strongest hand pre flop.

I can only fold an AA if it's in a satellite bubble.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't quite understand your question? could you rephrase it please
Got AA in preflop - all-in or not?

Depends on the position and stage. Mostly Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question for advanced players, the question is that with two aces I often play online whether it is a good tactic or maybe I should wait, help

AA is the most advanced weapon among the starting hands. The ideal version of the draw is when you are exposed in all-in already preflop. Individually, the rockets will tear any of these hands apart, but in such a crowd, they noticeably lose equity. Therefore, with aces on the preflop, your actions should be more aggressive, raises are large. Your task is to stay in the fight with one, a maximum of two opponents. The more opponents go to the Bank against the aces, the more rapidly falls their strength.

Attachments

• AAvsTolpa.jpg
    AAvsTolpa.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]friend, in online poker you have AA in hand does not mean that you should bet everything, tired of seeing people and even losing to me for kamikazes players who bet everything with 2/3 and still win.[/COLOR]​

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on your opponents but you should mostly be raising with AA sometimes slowplay can work but you don't want 7 5 off catching twopair when he shouldn't be in the hand. As for shoving depends on stacks you don't want to be shoving 25+BB IMO and have everyone fold you'll only get action against good hands

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I surely didnt understand the question.
But assuming that you have AA preflop, you go all in at once.
If you are asking post flop, than that depends on the board that has played.

Putin545

Putin545

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Другая рука может иметь монстра на флопе 333, по этому при AA на префлопе нужно играть агрессивней.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually check with Aces. I do sometimes if I'm playing with a very aggressive player(s) who is always looking for a sign of weakness to pounce, especially the ones who like to shove as a steal.

This is pretty much my strategy as well. I am never checking aces preflop unless there’s a crazy table with players betting and are very loose. I am never trying to let someone see a cheap flop and suck out on me. Shoving all in is fine if it’s later in the tournament or there’s already a few callers and chips in the pot. I am not trying to see a flop with a bunch players, I will 3 or 4 bet to isolate myself against 1 or 2 opponents. Preferably 1. I am not looking to shove in the early stages and chase off everyone. I see players open shoving in the first few levels and I can’t understand why these players chase away potential value. Nothing makes me lol more than seeing terrible players shove in level 1 and pick up the small and big blind and proudly show the aces. Biggest fail imo. You may see this in freerolls but never by professional players in real money games.

Note, aces are the best starting hand only... post flop I have been beaten enough times with aces to learn that they lose value in many situations. Paired boards, all straight cards or all one suit are commonly ahead and I have learned to fold aces when facing a shove , call of the shove or whatever. The best players can read the hands well and see that there 1 pair of aces are losers.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to answer this question exactly.
Why?
What is the stack size?
What is the a pot size?
Cash game or Tournament?
Describe the situation! In general, all in is a better move, but it depends on many things.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you have raise to play against 2 players or heads up because against 3 or more thats a lot of chance to lose.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd go all in, especiallyif the aces were suited ^^ :)

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I haven't just called or checked aces in the 10 plus years I have been playing the game. What reasons would you eeeevvvvveeerrr check the best possible starting hand, and start things off with getting no value for your monster and giving other worse hands a chance to suck out on you. If your in the business of checking AA you should be getting ready for extreme swings, good or bad(which is horrible poker!). With no possible information pre-flop you will be tricking your opponents to possibly over play there hands against yours and you will be able to trap many hands(which is a small good reason for slow-playing). That being said, you will often fool yourself just as often and will be paying off to strong made hands that flop well against AA or less strong hands that flop well but they THINK there good, and put the money in light against you, and run you down(hit the best hand). It is easier to play a hand as it is, if its as strong as AA play it as AA and if someone hits well or doesn't believe your aggression, they will pay you off. My reason for not slow-playing any hand is I don't want to give weak, mediocre or slightly worse hands the chance to catch up on a flop or further( turn,river). If they do hit on the flop and your betting your AA into them and there calling at least you can assess what they have with bets and charge them hefty amounts to possible get there with their hand on turn, river. hope this helps. Cheers.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a good stack, then do a normal raise of 3-4BB. And if the stack is not big, then it is better all-in.

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far I've had good results with going all-in with AA.

This is also my best weapon against loose players that constantly go all-in in cash games.