john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you prefer to play with hands from "A10 to AK" in early and middle position? Do you just call, push raise or go all-in? :unsure:

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You should def raise with these hands in all positions. On the lower end of the scale I will be less likely to be calling a 3 bet though.

You can also just call other raises rather than 3 bet yourself, especially to raises from EP's

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
The best thing to do is to look at GTO solver charts for the best answer.
If you want an exploitative answer you need to give info on the villain and positions and everything in between and after.

But there are two approaches to 3betting: linear range and polarized range.
Flatting range are hands that aren't good enough to 3bet for value but still have good equity against villain's range and implied odds. But you have to also be careful not to flat too much if players behind are the type to squeeze.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I simply call whatever the big blind is so I can get in cheap. If someone does a minimum raise, I still might call.
If I am the big blind or small blind, I would min raise to steal a blind.
Anything higher, I am patient and wait for another hand.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you prefer to play with hands from "A10 to AK" in early and middle position? Do you just call, push raise or go all-in? :unsure:
This depends on many factors - especially stack depth. If you are deeper stacked and in early position (like UTG), then AT isn't even a call, it is a fold! Generally speaking, if you choose to play a hand A10 to AK (Ace-Ten is abbreviated as AT by the way) from early position, then you'll probably want to open-raise. Going All-In becomes more of an option as stacks get smaller and smaller.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
they will definitely open up if they make 3 bets to me, I will call and continue watching the opponent's actions on the flop, in any case you have a good hand, and if you have an AKs hand, I will place 4 bets against 3 beta and will even put up against a passive player who can play AA KK QQ

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If nobody has entered the pot ahead of you, you make a standard raise like 2-3BB depending on stack sizes. ATo can be folded, if there are 7-8 players left to act behind you. If effective stacks are around 13BB or less, you typically want to open shove rather than raise small. If someone else have already entered the pot, then all options are on the table depending on position, stack sizes and the strenght of your AX. Folding the weaker ones like ATo or AJo is often the best play, and with the others you can either call or 3-bet. If stacks are 20-25BB or less, a 3-bet should usually be a jam.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These are hands that we will always play with a raise, however, the shorter stack, the better to jam. When we face a raise, AK, 100% of the time we will 3bet and put all the chips in the pot, the other hands will always depend on the effective stack/villain to make the best decision.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i just open raise and look what hapend on postflop)

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the local situation. I don't think you need to be that conscious just because it's AT~AK.