i like them both, find full ring easier to multi table

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 or 9 handed

I really prefer 6 handed when playing holdem, and 9 handed when playing Omaha hilo. I think the odds are more to my favor in those formats.

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer nine handed games are usually more my speed a little slower

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when playing one game? six would be my choice when playing 6 games like usual 9 gives me the time needed to see and keep up with what is going on better.

Six is tougher for me just like say playing a couple final tables or omaha or some other game. I have to pay more attention to do well.

I prefer to play 6 games at a time so I choose 9 hands and I kick off auto muck to give me those extra seconds lol.

If I was legit in one even had to win? Six would be choice since do excellent in that environment and setting. Is like someone said on the sng's

DonPatron560

DonPatron560

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion is better than playing 6-max cash and MTT tournaments 9 max

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand some of the comments regarding the odds and payouts, but you will lose both ways playing too loose. I play a lot of both and I think getting a chip lead over half the table is key to a good cash, which most times takes early patience.

TheMagic

TheMagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing NL poker in 9 handed, but than, I preffered to invest my time learning more about 6 . I can give you this advices:

1) 6 players table have more variance; players are more loose than 9 handed games, usually like maniacs, doing meaningless bets/raises.
2) 9 handed, you need to have more patience, play more tight and understand more your opponents.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 9 handed as I prefer to pay a tighter game and 6 handed forces you to be more active with the blinds coming around faster. I think that since there are less people you get more chances to learn from your opponents as they are playing more hands and you have less people to try to follow.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think which you prefer would depend a lot upon your playing style. 6 handed would probably favor more aggressive players. A nine handed table would favor a more patient player.

B

Bestplayerever69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with the 6 handed, its more of a skillgame and you improve more.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are relly good at 6-handed it will be profitable for you to play just 6H, because high limits include only them.

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easier to play the six handed. There are only 5 opponents and it's easier to keep in mind their style. Less players means less variance after flop.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 9 handed...I like it more

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you choose a full-ring tables, will find out that a game there a little tight. Existence of bigger number of players leads to the fact that more regular participants of these games prefer a little more tight range that for you can be both is positive, and is negative, and depends on your personal features.
For 6-max a table of players it is less. And when players it is less if at a table there is fish or even several weak players, to reach him or it is much simpler than them. When you play a full-ring at a table, there are more players hunting for the same individuals and to reach respectively Phish by the first much more difficult, especially if he doesn't intend to lose more than one stack, and you definitely should consider it.
6-max tables considerably differ from a full-ring. A game goes a little loose there and is a little more aggressive. When you only try them, this fact can be for you not really good. Perhaps you yet not completely understand how to 3-betit how to fight against 3-bet or how to work against double and tripl-barrels. You can not understand yet whether lite the rival plays, or not, and can not understand how to answer you similar receptions in his execution.

So, between two types of tables it is necessary to remember a lot of things a difference. A game for a full-ring tables takes place more rectilinearly, less aggressively, and definitely the full-ring can be the good choice to begin the way in online poker and to get used to this business. Perhaps, you shouldn't rush to more loose and aggressive game right there. There is a probability that you aren't ready to it yet.

BubbleWizard

BubbleWizard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the 6 handed tables. I have this illusion that i'm in control while playing poker and with a 6 handed table feeding that illusion appears to be easier.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 6, games faster and like mentioned earlier you wind up playing in more hands. But I love playing 9 as well so I guess prefer is relative to how I feel that day.

P

prosu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 handed a lot more just since I'm a tighter player and I think it makes reading harder too.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I preffer 9 handed because in 6 there is always an aggresive player that keep stealing blinds and that is annoying for me because i like playing tight.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 9 player game is tuffer, more cards and players in play. The 6 player game is more easier because you have less players and cards in play, you can win more pots with very lil in your hand. So says Playful!

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play 9 handed, I know with which hands I can start and which not.
I don't know that in 6 handed (yet)

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Six handed is faster, but the blinds come round that bit quicker. Nine handed gives you more time to think and the pots are often larger

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-9 hands do not know what you have to play cards, do I shoot and whatever happens :)

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it's more of a personal choice, personally I prefer the tables with 9 players.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands