4betting ranges (Heads Up NL)

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming 100bb deep and an average fold to 4-bet amount vs a player you don't have a tone of hands with.

Do you ever 4bet bluff? I have seen 4-bet ranges and they are mainly just TT+ AQ+ if the guy is 3-betting 20% and if the guy 3-bets more than that we add in hands like AJs KQs and beyond, but it seems to me that the range is linear. is there ever a scenario you will add in 'bluff' from the bottom of you range that can't call like Kxo or 47s when you don't have a read on his call 4-bet stat.

Thanks

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming 100bb deep and an average fold to 4-bet amount vs a player you don't have a tone of hands with.

Do you ever 4bet bluff? I have seen 4-bet ranges and they are mainly just TT+ AQ+ if the guy is 3-betting 20% and if the guy 3-bets more than that we add in hands like AJs KQs and beyond, but it seems to me that the range is linear. is there ever a scenario you will add in 'bluff' from the bottom of you range that can't call like Kxo or 47s when you don't have a read on his call 4-bet stat.

Thanks
Gto always has 4bet bluffs in it.

I'd assume main types of bluffs would be either be bottom of calling range and/or blocking value: hands like K6s, A5o, KTo, 33, etc.

It's a mix of caring about frequency, equity, and blocking strong hands.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4bet ranges with bluffs (balanced ranges) are good , if you don't have good info. Or some specific dynamic. Usually is better to use bluff heavy ranges or value heavy ranges. Or value only (linear). If the player is good, you must use balanced range. Imo...The range with 99+, АQo, АJs is good, because you can bluff more often. You can bluff more often (as percent), if you don't have AK in your range. Only pocket pairs...20% 3bet can be attacked with 4bet shove capped range and uncapped calling range. If he use a big size.
If he is calling more often, you must use some kind of depolarized range. The bottom of your calling range. Hands like 64s, 44, K6s. If he plays shove or fold, you must use a blocker. Ace...The others are not good. Kx only if you call any Ax.
If I don't know nothing, I will use a balanced polarized range with Ax as bluffs vs big size. Vs small size I will use linear range. With "value" hands for 4bet-fold vs 5bet-shove. КQs for example...
Sorry for my English....

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without any info (very rare) I will use very tight range vs big size. For example AK, TT+, A5o, A4o. "Big size"...I mean nine blinds and more. You can use 23 or 24 blinds for 4bet. If he use 8 blinds and less for 3bet, I don't like to use this kind of ranges. Linear is better imo. The polarized range don't work vs small size very well. You can call more often. You can't use big size for 4bet,. You don't have good fold equity with "normal" size. You need more equity to call 5bet-shove. Vs NAI 5bet can be ugly. With polarized range....

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the long post. The reason for adding hands, like АQ, AJs, 99 is your wider bluff range. Or if you play against some dumb ape. Your have enough equity pre-flop (52-53%+) and also enough equity postflop with TP (on flop, turn, river). Playing without bluffs vs unknown (vs 9-10bb 3bet) is a mistake. To be unprofitable this type of play he must have ~3% 3beting range. This is a HU game...Playing against decent player (20% 3bet) only with wider linear range is also a mistake. In my opinion...I will use linear range without bluffs only vs 7-8bb size or with ~150bb stack and more. Long post again :( . Sorry!

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars