your family understand that you want to be a professional poker player?

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Honestly, I don't care. The most important thing for me is that I satisfy my ambition and passion. My family has the right to not be short with them in life. Either I play poker in my spare time or when I don't have a commitment to family or work.

absolutista2021

absolutista2021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Honestly, I don't care. The most important thing for me is that I satisfy my ambition and passion. My family has the right to not be short with them in life. Either I play poker in my spare time or when I don't have a commitment to family or work.
wow, yeah, thanks! successes for you too!

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In m case i never wanted to be a profesional poker player i already have mi work but wish you the best with your dream.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont know,in fact,iam first a pro mma fighter and in my free time,even as a hobby(if thats possible) iam a pro poker player (i dont even started to win monthly money yet,so sad lol)
God bless XD

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my case yes, but with the time! and now i am a professional of poker online! what was your experience in this aspect with family and friends? thanks!
I'm not a professional, and probably never will be. I just have other goals. My main goal is to have fun and be distracted. Poker is just a hobby for me. Besides, I live alone and do what I want :)

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It is not something that matters to my family, because I am already an adult, I have a profession, work and poker is something that helps me earn extra money

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of my family and friends play poker, but they don't play poker online, but we all would like to make a lot of money at poker.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, my friends and family know that I play poker and make money playing poker, they are fine and they know if I'm serious about poker I'll get a lot of money but I'm not that busy right now, only poker has a job, so I try to play in my spare time and still try to learn because poker always needs to be trained

absolutista2021

absolutista2021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Yes, my friends and family know that I play poker and make money playing poker, they are fine and they know if I'm serious about poker I'll get a lot of money but I'm not that busy right now, only poker has a job, so I try to play in my spare time and still try to learn because poker always needs to be trained
Very top reazons,thank you for answer! and for more successes in your life! :D

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Friends and family asked me does it make you happy? I answered yes, then they said go for it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my case yes, but with the time! and now i am a professional of poker online! what was your experience in this aspect with family and friends? thanks!
My wife accompanies me when I go to a poker house, online she doesn't watch it but always asks how the day was at poker, she supports it and sometimes questions why the move I made

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It was a bit difficult for me to accept. My father maybe never.
He was a manual worker, and I couldn't make him understand that poker is not a game of chance.
After I lived on this for more than 10 years, earning much more than the national average wage, he couldn't accept it either.
My mother accepted it.
However, my current serious relationships also always had a problem with not having a predictable monthly income.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Although I'm not pursuing being a pro, I explained carefully how to manage the game in order to don't risk my house economy (basically I started with freerolls and never deposited).

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't think so.It would spend a lot of money. Even if I would finances all of it.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never told them mainly because they think poker is made by satan hahaha

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
My wife is satisfied as long as I put extra money into the family budget :) as soon as I go out, she starts getting angry... no matter what I did or what I bought.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, my brother also plays poker.
But the rest of the family sees what my brother and I do as playing video games.
But I think what is important is that they do not interfere in my private affairs, and this is the most important thing.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I suppose I am lucky in one respect, I never wanted to become a Professional Poker Player, Sure I enjoyed playing and even enjoyed the travelling to different Tournaments, but I have never left the UK. for a game. The idea of living out of a suitcase catching flights to different Countries to chase a dream, has never appealed to me.
I am happy being an Amateur Player, and treating Poker as nothing more than a Hobby, as long as my Hobby is self financing and it is not taking money away from my Family, Then they are also happy.
All my travelling expenses like Trains, Taxis, and Hotel bills have all been covered by previous Wins from the game, otherwise I just wouldn't play.

Magical

Magical

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Love the idea but the as a few have mentioned, not sure its a life for a family man/woman/person/being

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Sometimes poker is difficult to reconcile with the realities of life and the game can affect many aspects of life. The player has to constantly find ways of trusting communication with loved ones in order to avoid discord.Do not take out your anger on loved ones after a failure and do not let poker absorb you completely.My family doesn't mind me playing.