Your best three poker movies

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maverick, a Gibson's classic where luck and treachery meets wits and cunningness, I give it give it a Set of Jacks, depsite been entertaining there is a bunch of deux ex machina not for my liking.
As for Molly's Game, the plot and the character's development are astounding and to think that its based on the true life of Molly Bloom is just puzzling, an outlandish character that got the essence of the game, make money outta players, not the cards. an easy Full house.
Rounders, man that's what I call a movie, the captivating atmosphere and the general setting speak louder than Oreo's, to just think that Norton with his over inflated ego on how to make a script near perfection is one more reason to see the movie two times before you watch it, then a couple of times more. It resumes a lot of poker players out there that never made a break through and are still struggling to keep their Oreo's underhand. This movie has the nut.
what's yoru big three?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in first position I would also put the film rounder. on the other hand for the second place I prefer the film the Kid of Cincinnati. I find that there are a lot of films that are not basically poker films but which have cult poker scenes that I always enjoy and which also deserve the third place. for example the movie trinitty poker scene

or The Sting - poker game.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, trinita is a good one, it has to get an honorable mention. But what about htis scene?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or this one scene.

Last edited: