You vs You

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Behind the glitz and glam, poker can be a solitary game.

With no teammates to rely on, poker can be a mental battle that is fought alone. But for some, the solitude is a welcomed challenge.

Would you agree that your biggest opponent at the poker table is yourself?
Hello, ramorleans! I can to say one about your speech: I fully agree with You! Everyone for Poker table fights, first of all, with self!..

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think if such players then they should not play poker if he fights with himself in poker, then just why would he play poker, he would break his logic and change his mind and lose the hand, so it happens that he will almost always think damn I have a flash means he has a full house because he also makes such a big bet and loses everything

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I don't see it that way I see it more as my time and space to relax, laugh and de-stress a little even with music or a series if it's online, but everyone sees it differently, just if you don't like something don't do it, so don't practice it.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, personal qualities are important. But playing poker is definitely not about playing with yourself. There are a lot of players around us. Especially in tournaments. Each player has their own character, their own style of play, and their own skills. That's why poker is a collective game.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
this post has gotten several people upset . i am guessing a few sarcastic comments on the felt would be effective too . i miss the good old days when you could needle people on ACR !

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, I am my biggest opponent, especially when I lean with some bad move of mine, or when an unlikely out comes on the river for the opponent.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
That was uncalled for.

If he really had an inflated self esteem, he would've said his opponents are not a concern.
Thanks brother
What you say is true, it is true.
If I were an egomaniac with inflated self-esteem, I would say "I'm not worried about my opponents, the one who plays the best at the table is me without a doubt. And of course, the one who knows the most about poker is me"
I really care a lot about my opponents at the table, and I don't have any problems with myself since I review the decisions I make if they are correct or not. I analyze my game a lot.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Couldn't agree more.

That was a nice choice of words btw.

I like Poker so much because of those reasons. If you made a mistake your the only one to blame, only you can improve your game, and you don't rely on nobody else.
When I was a little younger I used to like computer games like so, but never a big fan of "Team games" like CS, MOBA's, etc.
More of a poker and chess player nowadays! xD

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's why you'll always have to improve yourself.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the me against me does not exist, but the me concentrated on what I do.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Behind the glitz and glam, poker can be a solitary game.

With no teammates to rely on, poker can be a mental battle that is fought alone. But for some, the solitude is a welcomed challenge.

Would you agree that your biggest opponent at the poker table is yourself?
At any game you only lose for yourself.