Are You Superstitious?

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to believe in all this but then I realized that it's all nonsense there's nothing like it's all in your head)))

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hell yeah :) I think it is OCD but we will call it superstitious if you want.

zreokell

zreokell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on pokerstars are a lot of bots, that always hit there runner runner, so you'll tilt, and spend more cash faster to earn back what you just lost, its all a big scam

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
superstious

Idont think I am. I do think if your luck is bad at a table it will probably stay that way.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am superstitious when i have small pkt pair facing a 3 bet before i act .. I always feel like the set hits in the spot you have to fold, so i get involved more then i should. Has been a while since i hit set in this spot, so I don't know why i still do it.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Superstition is a normal defect interfering assess the actual event. So I am not superstitious but some cards I love.

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gamblers are one of the most well known bunch to be superstitious. Read a article recently stating such things and when you play live its always funny watching some people needing to go about the table in a set way.

Away from the table I am crazy about black cats crossing my path. Recently I started walking a little to go to work and I come across a black cat every morning and it is always excited to see me. Almost like it knows I have a issue because it does a dance and then last second darts in front of me. Nothing against the cat but it worries me..lol!

If I have a good poker session the day before at a set position,I try to sit there again. Thats about as close as I get at the table.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if it is considered superstitious or not, but when I'm running bad I can tell you what the next bad beat for me is going to be,,lol

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you got two bad beats, be ready to got third!

Z

zawvc1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no not in life and not at a poker table especially when aa can lose to any two cards even 2 7 offsuit

Alukar3

Alukar3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was very superstitious, when I play poker I used to wear the same shirt every time

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny the way you gave examples of 444 and 555 and stopped there and yet we are here to talk about superstitions :) Personally, i'm not superstitious but i believe that the most gamblers are, but i wouldn't include poker in so called category :D And i do believe that beign superstitious or not is not something you can easely choose but i would recommend to try not to be because among the other things, it will definitely make your game worse in certain circumstances...
Anyway, i hope i'm not getting enemies by bringing this up, but superstition, in the way we have it in grown up age is acutally a reflection of so called magical thinking which is characteristic of primitive thinking that we have chance to see in the earliest thinking performance of kids.

Lol to get "enemy" just cuz you are not superstitious. :D
It's up to you we can agree or not but i respect your opinion!
Cheers!

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious, I don't believe that a black cat crossing your path is bad luck but do believe if you kick that black cat because you are superstitious, it will come back at you.
I'm a believer in the "circle of life", as in what comes around, goes around.

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I am not. I do not believe in nothing about that except from good and agressive player with a good portion of luck about his perfect choices about which hands to enter and which to fold.

G

gkiss0719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious!I think no one would play a superstition!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I believe in the theory of probability, and not in superstition.

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started to play at first thought that my card was happy J9 now I do not think so

A

Aleksandra Lipovich

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious, but sometimes there is lucky days, when I played almost with all hands and win, and vice versa

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It always seems to come down to how much you believe it. If you choose to be superstitious most some likely it will have some kind of effect.

Mka69

Mka69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
superstition here not and, most quicker I am inclined believes in good luck. Or at decision-making, I can throw a coin ;)

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I'm not superstitious, but I think that for that would be nice to play a tournament you have to be tuned to victory :) :cool:

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always seems to come down to how much you believe it. If you choose to be superstitious most some likely it will have some kind of effect.
Hmm intersting.