Are You Superstitious?

F

Finger5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally dont rate superstitions, how can a certain pair of pants make you win? Better off with a preparation ritual to get you in the right frame of mind. Chill out an hour before, visit the loo. eat a meal so you are not hungry, stay in bed in the morning to rest, whatever works to get the focus up and your mind on the game is a far better option IMHO.

B

Bhfael

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
foolishness

I do not believe in superstitions

TjaartW

TjaartW

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really a superstition ... but when I play live I will never sit next to the dealer ... I really dislike that position ...

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't get it , why should sb be superstitious on poker or generally on his life . This will not help him win , noway , so what's the point ?
Unlucky persons to seat next to or days to play on a tournament , lucky hole cards (calling k8 and k9 ,kx and Ax after large bets ,k7,k2,Q8,J7,52,72(888poker $1 tournament I have seen shoves with 72),lucky numbers or cards say as their excuse/justification some donks ), lucky seat nymbers , all these are bull **** . Sb was carrying a doll , I think it was a crocodile, with him at the tournament, another a lucky chip ....A bunch of grotesque, bizarre people ...

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe at all in superstitions, is a misconception to believe that some color, subject, date, etc. They can influence our game for me just about making and variance, it is my point of respect for people who think different view. :)

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Superstitions in poker?anyone?

Are you superstitious?if so , what s your superstion in poker?

Bertochi

Bertochi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not, but my friend knock the table 5 times to get lucky lol

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once my brother plays 7 8 suited with saying that i will get a straight flush.. and he made it on river...

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I avoid superstitions because I'm afraid they'll ruin my luck.

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im very superstitious person in life, but in poker Im not. My only superstition in poker - dont play with K7.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I try not to be a superstitious man , the more GOD forbade it , but unfortunately we are all sinners.

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When all goes well, then neither any superstitions, but when you start to lose, then what you want to believe :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not believe in superstitions. We need to believe in their skills and knowledge.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to be superstitious with a great player on my left

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any poker player have to use things to make him stronger player.some are superstitus , others are not . but i think its positive thing to believe in some thing.

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm superstitious chelove and when playing poker is wearing a black bracelet on his left ruku.a so if you honestly in the game has to be the mind and the ability to play and how to always be a little bit of luck .

K

Kristi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logical and reasonable decisions in the game — that's the only way to win.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in those, maybe that's what I'm missing to enhance my performance, hahahah just kidding

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all, I'm more like a scientific guy, I total respect your superstitions but I sincerely think it's a waste of time

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm not superstitious ) just all the luck in the head )

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in superstitions do not believe, but luck Yes. No luck in poker anywhere

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I am very superstitious. I play trash hands that I receive two or more times in the same tournament and I do not play the hands with which I have already won big pots in the same tournament

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only superstitious when I play hockey, never while playing poker.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Superstition is really silly to me, IMHO. I don't believe in black cats and broken mirrors bringing bad luck. I do not think that wearing the same shirt at every poker event will bring you luck. And its funny how even when it fails, they still do it.

One year they had a guy who tried to shave before the event and his razor broke, leaving him with a half bearded face. He played like that and felt finishing the job would ruin his luck. He still lost. And looked stupid doing it.

Not one superstition has ever been proven true. Not one. There is no science to it whatsoever. Those who do believe this kind of stone age crap tend to be the victims in society. They make life decisions based on hocus-pocus, and pay a price for it.
^^This^^, to those who are superstitious, don't ever tell a hypnotist because we all know what type of people can be influenced by hypnotism.