Are you offended by table chat online?

S

SamBush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only get offended when a moron starts wishing cancer upon me!

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just trash talk back to them and then i knock em out of the tourny thats the way i handle them

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just ignore chat or turn off the chat and all
it would be good if done various penalties for insults!

R

Raisindepth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can get annoyed often and sometimes i get a good laugh.
i also sometimes get seduced to react ;) but in my mind if they brag or whine i just keep in mind they probably just started playing or lost a lot (for a reason) :)

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if some1 is offends you there is reason for that. Most of the times it's cuz you've won a hand against some fishy player who thinks he is the best on the table. Players who offend their opponents are not kids all the time. Sometimes they are just new poker players. The more time you've played online poker the less you care about chat and who or how some1 tries to offend you after getting outplayed by you.

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chat

I sometimes will listen to the chat especially of their is a tell in it like if someone has had a bad day or has been on a down swing or is frustrated most of the time it is just bs chat I do not listen because that tourney or cash game is my money not theirs that is on the line

B

Bleached

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They may not always be children, even if they are childish.
I'm still new and make a ton of mistakes when playing poker, but when I do and the guy who's chips I took insults me I find it funny. Do you think I should apologize even if he insults me?

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only get offended when a moron starts wishing cancer upon me!

I truly do not understand this...
Or wishing aids upon some1. Like why even?:dontknow:
Numerous racial slurs...
Maturity def shows at a poker table/site.
Even tho we all have our times where we need to let that person know how NOT great of a poker player they are.:D
Been on both ends but I keep it PG:p

Doesn't really bug me tho other than that.
Its easy to turn chat off but I don't.

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they cussing at me then I must have done something right.Thay may as well tell me I'm a great poker player because it only fuels me.

F

Frankie40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay any attention to the table chatter. If someone asks me a question I answer it when I can, but if someone is being immature, i just ignore it. Usually it is doen to try to through people off thier game and being able to ignore it will throw them off thier own game.

J

jayace66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep calm and carry on

I mostly dont even look at the chatting going on, it never bothered me before, sometimes I think people get offensive because they were just involved in a bad beat. In 888 poker sometimes when someone keeps throwing stuff at you it does get a bit annoying

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
table chat

I think it matters the way the players chat. It's okay if they talk calmly and polite. Some players say good hand and that's ok. However, some players swear and become rude when they lose lots of chips or get knock out the tourney. So, it maters how they act.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually just laugh at most people but you get a-holes sometimes that is using words you don't really want to hear or trying to be a ONLINE BULLY OR TOUGHGUY then sometimes I let them have it

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about the players who lose and start with offenses on the table? My take on this is that these individuals may be children; an adult does not do that sort of thing.

I use often table chat in the game as a weapon but I am trying to be polite as much as I can. This year I started even to avoid answering the insults (mostly after bad beats) because I don't want to loose my temper which can affect my game, so I only turn off the chat. I'm trying to believe that improved my game, and when I sum results I made this year I think I am going on a good direction. :)

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. Sometimes people are rude, because you won a hand, and they just
have to tell you how dared you dumb fish to crack their Asses ^^ with 45.

But it is also very often, that people try to set off you on purpose. They know, that some things go under the skin and they use them.

If we consider, that the purpose of poker is making money, not only by knowing your pott ods, but also by knowing a little bit of human psychology, I would say it is a totally legitimate move, to try to make someone go on tilt
through the chat. But it can also backfire in so many ways. For example if you are really a pro and are making money from some recreational fish, then you want recreational players to play with you again and again. So the edge you can get through chatting nasty is immediately lost, if the fish won't play with you again. Or a fish can suddenly stop being a fish. :D People can tighten up, they can ajust and they can be revengefull.

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad chatters and table bullies are a sign of a larger societal problem. If you can't mostly behave here, at what is primarily a choice of playing a FUN hobby/occupation, you probably are a potential wife/husband/child beater too. Really. Yes, you. The NFL is starting to get serious about the problem; hopefully poker and social sites will follow suit. (Clubs, of course. To the Hearts.)

If it is a FUN or hobby, I agree. Then it should stay funny. Things are more complicated, if it is occupation. You should consider what you edge is, and how it is changed, by what you talk. I know that many many many players are trash chatting, because they think it is a +EV move.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i played for a while in Vancouver and it was worse than online poker chats. A lot of chinese and americans who cannot stfu.

J

jrojsh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you let yourself be offended by online communication your doing the internets wrong. maybe im dejected after 1 too many troll encounters but getting flustered at online banter almost tells me more about you than it does the so called "offender" dont let them get your panties bunched and they will tire of you and move along! most of the time!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Kids chat

What do you think about the players who lose and start with offenses on the table? My take on this is that these individuals may be children; an adult does not do that sort of thing.

I have thought children were chatting before. In a heads up tourney my opponent said "my father is in the room" and talked the whole time.

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no i like it too many people are boring and and say nothing loosen up people

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Chat online usually uses the player who wants to offend or disturb your concentration on the game, so chat online in use.

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to chat a little but I will immediately mute any player who is ridiculously out of line or making racist comments which I was surprised to see as often as I do.

tubexc

tubexc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if an individual begins to enjoy with
your nickname or speak ill of your mother, should not be an
child but only hurt her horns.

D

Delcycer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love watching. I try to maintain a strict 'no comments' policy - I used to get involved in chat all the time and I learned that I have a talent for pissing people off, especially folks who are already a little imbalanced, which of course becomes obvious pretty quick by their reaction to losing, or taking a bad beat.

Most of the time I think the concentration it takes to stay involved in a table conversation takes too much away from my focus on the game. I pay enough attention to it to get information if it's there - sometimes people talk about what they had, why they made a specific play, et cetera.

If I see someone being especially stupid or childish I try to figure out if it's because they are REALLY stupid and childish, in which case I play a lot of pots with them and wait for the inevitable mistakes, or if they are trying to APPEAR stupid and childish so that I will play a lot of pots with them.