Are You More Aggressive When Online or in a Live Game?

C

Cupcakehk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I play more aggressive online, however, when I am playing live - I like it better because there is more things to read in the way a person sits, plays, acts, small facial expressions.

At the same time I don't usually play tournaments live and I always play them online so it is hard to fully compare these two. But my fav would be live.

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like I'm more aggressive online, I feel like I might give away a few tells live, so I try to avoid that

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me

I wonderl, if when are playing online, are very aggressive, or when they are at live tables, playng aggressively, or prefer to be more careful with their chips.:confused: :confused:

I don't know I have not made a live event yet. I hope to make a live event this year at least one if not two.

tocloc238

tocloc238

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More aggressive online. Live I don't want the regs to eat me alive, so I play more conservatively. Still learning.

E

ELDONKOII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live ,you have to play aggressive or get punished like some dude did tonite and limped with aces BB took him down flopped 2pr with 53 off :)

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online you get bored easier and less to watch so you end up involved in more hands. Plus you don't actually see your stack and how a bet affects it. Live you are watching everything, trying to read players, when you aren't in a hand you are still watching closely and you can see your stack and what's happening to it. When I am online I try and have something - a film or music on to otherwise concentrate on.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Online you get bored easier and less to watch so you end up involved in more hands. Plus you don't actually see your stack and how a bet affects it. Live you are watching everything, trying to read players, when you aren't in a hand you are still watching closely and you can see your stack and what's happening to it. When I am online I try and have something - a film or music on to otherwise concentrate on.

Not I... perhaps you

I get far more bored on live poker tables.

Online I'm playing multiple tables & just way more hands than live.

I'm also completely aware of all my stack sizes on all tables (while in tourneys, if its cash I'm playing I'm at 100bb's plus & the size of my stack isn't all that relevant unless the other player I'm in a hand vs. is sitting deeper than 100bb's (while (or if) I am as well).
It's far easier to keep track of stack sizes online, vs. seeing how high my chipstacks stack up live. In a live tournament setting, stack sizes can be misleading to observers unless they're very familiar with the chip denominations & colours. Online, you have a number written right in front of you (it doesn't get easier than that).

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely online...live game is a bit nitty :p

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends, i guess i tend to be more focus when playing online since I don't play it live and there are a lot of thoughts running into my head.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better to mix up your play. But i am more aggressive online

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the great part of players are more agressive online. Live I think they will stay scared, lol. But, after some time, the things becomes equal. It's question of time.

meagain00

L

Lila66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play aggresively overall no matter if it's online or live.If I see that a player is passive, I'll sure take and advantage over the situation.On the other hand, it's very crucial to know when to slow down and back off, don't go into extremes.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play conservative in both , but tend to take more risks online .

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonderl, if when are playing online, are very aggressive, or when they are at live tables, playng aggressively, or prefer to be more careful with their chips.:confused: :confused:

Hello brazilian friend !!!!

I think everyone is more aggressive online even by the speed of the games.

In my case it is no different, the only difference is my home game with friends who turns into a game of intimidation.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
My play is one and the same except when I play for for fun.Aggressive bets depend on the other players.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live or online isn't a factor for me..tends to be more about my opponents play style or stack verse tourney timing

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have not played yet in the real world ... I think online is more aggressive...

J

Just_a_Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play more aggressively online because there are no physical tells. The only way to study me is from hands lost, hands won, and betting patterns. There have been a number of times I've played live NLH and have thought to myself " If I only had a better poker face I'd do this or that" even though I believe the right move would be to go with my gut when I sense my opponent is weak, I don't. And regrettably so, a number of times.

J

Jacky666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody can look in your eyes , so online you can be more aggressive than live, but live i nicer

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on my mood[emoji122]

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not only aggressive, sometimes almost crazy online.:D

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most people tend to be more aggressive online when you have the actual chips in front of you it seems is harder to let them go I try to be tight aggressive in both forms but tend to be a little more passive live

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games