Did you lose control while playing poker?

UberKadet

UberKadet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how not to loose your cool

I think that each of us at least once lost control

in order not to looser control u need to set your poker goals n limits
and ofcourse badbeats suck..but its part of the game. i do get upset when i loose but never take it out on any other players etc

UberKadet

UberKadet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not played in a live game as yet but I often lose control and go all in on the next hand when i have lost a round with really good cards like two aces or two kings.
I have to learn more control.
that called tilt and its very easy to avoid as most player will know your going all in caz u lost earlier hand with a bad beat

UberKadet

UberKadet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do get a little frustrated sometimes mad over hands but I always work on keeping my cool with breathing exercises

i concur with what your saying...deep breaths help cool u down

christiancjs

christiancjs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally you lose control of the game after losing a certain spot. Lately I've been working on tilt control to improve my performance on the tables, assuming the variance is a very important step and these days I calmly take the bads beats.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning if, in each game I could not believe what I saw on the tables, today I see worse things but I take it with more calm and patience

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did I stop playing at PS and 888-I always in control)))

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have lost my cool, but it never is outwardly displayed. I usually will shove with nothing cards after a bad beat. Sometimes I figure if others are making the most stupid moves ever, and prosper, I might as well do some stupid moves as well to see if I win....usually not.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excitement is dependence. Dependence is what makes us happy first. Happiness is emotion. And emotions are like joy and anger and keeping emotions under control is not always possible. Therefore, all poker players lose control sooner or later - this is the nature of the person.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is so hard to control you emptions especially when some ... not very good person win your poket AA with some trash like 25, 27, 59 etc, and it is no matter is it pre-flop all-in or river. How you can do not lose your control?

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never lose control at the table. But after a bad beat to eliminate me I may leave with a sarcastic comment. LoL. As long as I have chips I try to remain calm and show little emotion.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I regularly lose control in the game every time I have a bad beat ... I have not yet learned to master that situation ... it's like if I get a switch after a bad beat ... I automatically start playing aggressive with bad cards...

A

Amatsu_H

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really hard to not get angry or upset after bad beats, or calls from wackos and end up losing,

Has happened to me a few times and sometimes I just scream and swear but I have also punched the wall a little (not that hard though)

I know you have to be glad if you played the hand correctly even if you lose but is not easy when you get called with nothing and you lose to like a 2 outer or runner runner

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow that is horrible. People are always telling me to get sleep. I hate sleeping sometimes guess I better take heed.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not lose it like I used to on a bad beat. I stil do not like it when I make a significant raise and lose to 8 2 off suit ughhh.. Like why are you even in the hand calls all in on flop with nothing hits on turn and river. Frustrating. I get mad and laugh now I use to lose my lunch.

R

ragemine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply put, what you cannot control, why fret about? No need to steam about it if you get runner runnered. If you make the right choices, the longrun will catch up, in theory.
Online can be a monster because there are people that know that the comfort of their homes provides safe haven to say anything. Today some dude was being racist and stupid during a freeroll. Muted

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was very bad at losing my temper when i first started playing online many years ago. I would like to think I am much better now. Most times I can shrug it off and analyze where I went wrong or if I played correctly and they sucked out. The worst thing I do now is type.......Well played Donk. I try to keep my emotions in check because if I dont tilt isnt far away.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having an event of anger after they take us out of a tournament is something I consider frequent, it has happened to me, and it is somewhat difficult to control when they take you out with good hands, once I had AA in hand, the flop brought an A, without But the villain got a ladder and took me out, it was really frustrating. But already with the passage of time I have learned to control those events.:heeeellll:cool:

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that happens sometimes, but it don t happens at one , it comes after many steps . So u better control it , and don t let it be In ur way for achieving your goal

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, sometimes i loose my control. It,s hard to keep patience sometimes, especially if you continue to loosing with good hands. If i understand, that i made everything right and i still can,t win, for sure, i can loose my control.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we all have done this once to some extent. anyways... Also I think that over time you just learn how to internalize it and not show any emotion at the table. It may not bother you much losing to a bad beat of some sort but it does a little. Even if people say eh whatever in their head, its still annoying to lose like that... As long as it doesnt effect your game play, you should be good to go.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play tournaments, I will tell you this again and again; cash games are where you earn money in poker.

It's that simple.
Bad advice. some players play cash better some play tourneys better. play the game you like and are comfortable with. if you dont enjoy plying one game dont play it

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody likes to lose but I think there are good and bad defeats and I lose control when I have noc superior pairs and the pot throws 4 cards of the same color giving my opponent noc color to 2 and I lose control completely and I end up asking for the game for that reason good luck greetings:icon_flow

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens, especially when I lose with AA or KK :(...