Did you lose control while playing poker?

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel rage but to loose control not yet and i hope that remain just like that:D

I lost more money in ma life than the poker tournaments that i play can give out sadly.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not like Phil Hellmuth, but sometimes I feel rage.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, such moments in the game are annoying but if you give in to emotions that you can never win you need to learn to hold your anger

P

Pinokio_385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes......
I'm trying to smirit but when I hit tilt .... I work stupid ..... :(

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I have not lost control but have spewed out a few creative insults that stayed between me and the computer screen. Tilt has to high of a buy in for my bankroll.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have loose control over people arguing or fighting on the table my concentration goes away

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone at some point gets a bad beats and get super angry and goes on FullTilt.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it often happens that I lose control during the game. I find it very difficult to master myself, but I try not to play this period.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played years of hearthstone before playing poker now, and it has really taughy me to accept bad beats. Sure it sucks when it happens buy I never lose control.
I know im better than that and that in the long run the winning play will make me win.
I will generally be more upset when I made a really obvious misplay compared to having a bad beat. The latter is just a part of life.
The only thing thats different with poker compared to hearthstone is that stakes are generally higher, and it sucks to lose money. But I think I can handle it. Proper Bankroll management helps with that particular issue.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have rage quit a session on a few occasions, but am getting better at controlling it daily.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play poker really well, but also, i can lost my patience and loose my chips in a few hands. You really need to work hard about that, because i know, many people have the same problem. If you want to make money on poker - you need to keep patience.

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly, it happens to me today. I was in tilt in a tournament and 10 hands after I made a horrible mistake. :(

S

saucebossj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes. Lost my cool after a hand that knocked me out of a tourney. Finally hit my flush but the guy hit a higher flush...

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if it ever went to the point of blowing up with your opponents over poker, whether that attitude was in online games or live.
There was a time when I was in a tournament and here comes the AA and gets me out of the game, I got some hands that eliminated me at the beginning of the tournament, the moment I got up as Phil Hellmuth. . Furious ... said a friend, leave and relax, I noticed that should not have reached this point, anger is strange in our lives, only in those moments we see that poker can take people out of their reason. ...)))) know that it happens ... Because it happened to me.:mad::mad::mad:
In a live game with some nasty people at the table you better keep yourself under control.

You can get seriously f____d up for opening your mouth at the wrong time, getting angry after a beat, antagonizing the wrong person etc etc

Much worse than this is that you give your opponents energy and encouragement when you tilt and get angry. They feed of it and enjoy some schadenfreude at your expense.

Burn internally, suck it up and smile like it was nothing .

So just don't do it !

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never losing control. Unless very quiet f*** counts. :D

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I left the Qualification of Bsop 2016 in the first hand with Kk I was very upset and angry too!
But that's part of learning!
And everyone who lives poker has passed or will pass through it! OK!

we are together!!!
😎👊

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never really blown up and wished cancer or aids upon anybody but I try to keep it in as best I can.

Every bad beat I receive or bad hand played by me I die a little each time inside.

At the end of the day you just gotta realize its poker.

Shparhalo

Shparhalo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time lose control after my pocket Monsters (AA KK QQ) get rekt by weaker hand.:mad:

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as you lose control of your emotions,this negatively affects the game.Further only one outcome-loss..Be patient and unruffled. It's difficult,but guite feasible.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do get a little frustrated sometimes mad over hands but I always work on keeping my cool with breathing exercises

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly sometimes it happens to me. Today i had KK my opponent QQ. Tallon was 8 9 10 2 J . After that i lose my patience. Bad raise and i was eliminated.

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to infuriate me, when I play poker, but a couple times I lost control the same situation you wrote

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would anyone lose control when playing poker? It seems that its easy to get an attitude, after a bad beat. But, to lose control? I I lost control, I would figure out why, then attempt to resolve my mental issues.

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im a time bomb have lost more money to tilt than anything else....working on it but its not going well.

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played in a live game as yet but I often lose control and go all in on the next hand when i have lost a round with really good cards like two aces or two kings.
I have to learn more control.