Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
are there people who hire poker players to make money for them?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are people who stake/back players for a percentage of winnings.

There are many different kinds of staking/backing with various agreements and arrangements.

So kind of, yes.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes of course you can, but for that you have to have money to invest and even set up a team with several

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, friend. to hire a player if you can, there are also sponsors in poker as in any game. This year I saw more sponsors than previous years. In the big tournaments you will see that the player wins both for image and for representing a poker room or some sponsor.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can hire, it would be like an entrepreneur, or profit sharing, I wouldn't even have money.
I like to play, it's a distraction and an excellent hobby, as well as a good mental exercise.
it's my opinion

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think I have understood your question from another angle.

Do you mean like exceptionally good players? Like crushers and top pros?

These types of players will sometimes/often either swap or sell percentages of their buy-in and winnings, but not usually 100% of it because generally speaking they aren't in a position to have to 'work' for someone in this way as they are profitable and successful players so are able to stake themselves.

~EDiT:- With that being said, yes, there are quite a few pros who will gather a 'stable' of players who they back and take a cut of their winnings.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that's what poker schools do. They train players, give them money and then make money. This is what I think is hiring players.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If possible, but before doing so they must reach an agreement on the percentage that both parties will earn, which must be respected

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would say yes but it's not that simple. If you're looking to make money hiring players, you want to make sure they are trainable or winning players. If looking to get hired, you will ether need to be willing to be trained as they want or being a winning player already. .

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I knew a guy who did that, but since he didn't know how to manage it, he ended up going bankrupt!:eek:

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I'm learning poker by myself and trying to improve

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This happens all the time. But this requires a lot of money.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
there's no need, I play well myself and I don't trust anyone yet

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can, pay for professionals' registrations and you'll receive percentages of their earnings. So you'll need to talk to them through their social networks and agree on those percentages.

dedoxm

dedoxm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Yes there are many different types of staking many poker sites offer it and backing with contracts between the parties.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, in the world of poker there are people and entities that hire poker players to play on their behalf in order to generate profits. This arrangement is commonly known as "banking" or "staking."

Staking: In the context of poker, staking involves an investor (the "banker") paying for a player's entry into a tournament or providing them with funds to play at cash tables. In exchange, the banker receives a percentage of the player's winnings. These types of agreements can vary in specific terms, such as the percentage of profits the banker receives and how losses are distributed.

Hiring Players: Some people or entities directly hire poker players to represent them in tournaments or games. In these cases, the player receives a salary, a share of the winnings, or a pre-agreed settlement for his participation in the game.

These arrangements are beneficial for both players and investors. Players can obtain funds to participate in tournaments or cash tables, thus mitigating their own financial risk. On the other hand, investors have the opportunity to profit from the skill and success of the player they have funded.

It is important that these agreements are based on clear and transparent contracts that clearly specify the terms and conditions, including the distribution of profits and the responsibilities of both parties. This helps avoid misunderstandings and conflicts in the future.

However, it is also essential to keep in mind that poker is a game of skill and subject to variability. Even highly skilled players can face streaks of bad luck. Therefore, both players and investors must be prepared for these fluctuations in the short term and maintain a long-term perspective in their financial dealings.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can stake other players, you pay a part of the buy in of the tournament and win a % of the winnings. I remember that many years ago it used to exist a site that offered this option - you could offer or you could buy stake from other players. At that time, I staked a couple of players and only one player reached the FT of a big event, but I only had like 1%, so, I won only a little more than $100. I stopped before they closed the site, because I thought I was losing more money than winning.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, there are groups of people who form poker teams to invest in other players!

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good for those who have money yes or no, it is still a form of investment and return for those who are going to play being sponsored after all in all sports we have seen sponsors, why would it be different in poker

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you are a very rich person and you are bored or you want to increase your money, you can buy a player who plays well and invest in him to play tournaments and share the profits as you agree with him, but you need to find such a player usually if a player plays so well, why should he share money with someone if he earns money correctly himself so it will be very difficult to find such players but possible