Can you be the best poker player in the world?

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not a crazy question for something we play, with a lot of practice adding experience, perhaps we can become one of the best players. New values ​​will always emerge. Many times when I watch the big tournaments I realize that the finalists are lucky more than knowing how to play, that leads me to think that knowing how to play fairly well and with a little luck you can reach the top of the game. podium

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no because I have not a lot of gambling money... so your not able to play in big tourny...and cash ... to learn for the best by playing agains the best

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, need a BR and winning daily. That would be a dream. :)

totosa35

totosa35

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no matter how good a player you are, there will always be a luck factor in poker.:cool:

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
LMFAO

Simple way to put it is FK NO.

Even the best have that pesky luck factor.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I can’t but I’m good enough if I’m over 50% winning rate in cash games

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may say I'm crazy, but the answer to your question is yes, you can be the best poker player in the world.
But as nothing in the world is easy and cheap, you will have to donate ALL of your time to studies and games, you will have to absorb everything, literally everything, after knowing the base, you will have to be a real chameleon, absorbing the information from your called environment Poker, learning new trends in gaming strategies and mental strategies.

In other words, to be the best player in the world, you basically have to do what's up there.

How did I come to that conclusion?

Simple, Poker is a game of skill and any skill that exists in the world you can learn, regardless of the time it will take you to learn, but make sure it will be a consequence.

So yes, you can be the best player in the world.

Do you agree?
Why?

I started to believe that yes once my results became better recently ;) https://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/WPN/players/LuckyGambler

The psychological/mental aspect of poker is so important, you can be "the best player in the world" and still lose every game if your mindset isn't right..

I think there is also not 1 "best player" in the world offcourse, poker has many aspects & skills, it's a mix of all that. If you are ranked #1 in the world in tennis, and have beat all the best players out there, then you can say you are the best in the world ;) but with poker it obviously doesn't work like that.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anyone can be an excellent player and win tournaments.
Good for that you need to dedicate time to study and a lot of time to tournaments.
My tip is to play as many freerols as possible to have experience and know what you can improve on.

In short let's go to the tables to learn and play at the same time

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is possible for me but I lack the the drive to achieve greatness, just enjoy playing small ball poker.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone can beat anyone given enough opportunity.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sure, why not?

But I have a long way till it occurs... Much study and discipline.

meagain00

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think each of us could be the best. just play play and play again. We also know many people who won satellites from free tournaments, and later won very high places and wins. also everyone has a chance :)

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may say I'm crazy, but the answer to your question is yes, you can be the best poker player in the world.
But as nothing in the world is easy and cheap, you will have to donate ALL of your time to studies and games, you will have to absorb everything, literally everything, after knowing the base, you will have to be a real chameleon, absorbing the information from your called environment Poker, learning new trends in gaming strategies and mental strategies.

In other words, to be the best player in the world, you basically have to do what's up there.

How did I come to that conclusion?

Simple, Poker is a game of skill and any skill that exists in the world you can learn, regardless of the time it will take you to learn, but make sure it will be a consequence.

So yes, you can be the best player in the world.

Do you agree?
Why?
Perhaps you are right! But how can I understand that I'm best? I think only when you're the best you understand how to avoid cooler situation.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I`ll never be the best player, but will be happy if I`m not the worst one.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont think so, u can win once if u are lucky enough, but the amount of played hands will be in favour of pro player imho

Oh hey, I’m not saying it would happen lots. Just saying, even with average prowess. The cards fall as they may sometimes.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the long shot wins the race from time to time

K

klaus210dieter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can be best pokerplayer of the world as soon as covid 19 has killed all other poker players lol

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am an amateur and I don't think about what it means to be the best player in the world

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you put your entire life into this game, sure you can achieve anything you want, maybe even become the best player in the world.

It is difficult to actually say who is the best though, as it is pretty subjective and true wins/losses are not always known.

So I have always just tried to work on the truly measurable stuff such as my own winrate and overall profit from the game.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think if you put your entire life into this game, sure you can achieve anything you want, maybe even become the best player in the world.

It is difficult to actually say who is the best though, as it is pretty subjective and true wins/losses are not always known.

So I have always just tried to work on the truly measurable stuff such as my own winrate and overall profit from the game.

Extremely interesting.

You, like many here, captured the essence of the issue ...
Anyone can be the best depending on your will energy used.

But it will not always work as expected.

And it is correct, it is more plausible to analyze the return that Poker gives you, that is, the profit. :)

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly it is not my goal, in my opinion this is just vanity.
my dream in poker is to win big money and change my way.

J

Joonhi93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With time and a little more banking, I don't know if he would be the best, but he would give a lot of fight in a medium tournament