Can you be the best poker player in the world?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You may say I'm crazy, but the answer to your question is yes, you can be the best poker player in the world.
But as nothing in the world is easy and cheap, you will have to donate ALL of your time to studies and games, you will have to absorb everything, literally everything, after knowing the base, you will have to be a real chameleon, absorbing the information from your called environment Poker, learning new trends in gaming strategies and mental strategies.

In other words, to be the best player in the world, you basically have to do what's up there.

How did I come to that conclusion?

Simple, Poker is a game of skill and any skill that exists in the world you can learn, regardless of the time it will take you to learn, but make sure it will be a consequence.

So yes, you can be the best player in the world.

Do you agree?
Why?

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to be an amateur, not a pro. The life of a pro is too full of big bets or serious games. But amateurs also have good victories in tournaments, but also more rest and a quiet life compared to pro players

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You may say I'm crazy, but the answer to your question is yes, you can be the best poker player in the world.
But as nothing in the world is easy and cheap, you will have to donate ALL of your time to studies and games, you will have to absorb everything, literally everything, after knowing the base, you will have to be a real chameleon, absorbing the information from your called environment Poker, learning new trends in gaming strategies and mental strategies.

In other words, to be the best player in the world, you basically have to do what's up there.

How did I come to that conclusion?

Simple, Poker is a game of skill and any skill that exists in the world you can learn, regardless of the time it will take you to learn, but make sure it will be a consequence.

So yes, you can be the best player in the world.

Do you agree?
Why?

If you'd be best player in the world you definitely wouldn't have time to hang out in some random forum though :rolleyes:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. No matter what, there is always somebody in this world that is better and there is always someone in this world that believes they are.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think there's anyone you can say he's the best player in the world ... up there are a few acquaintances but you can't clearly define which one he is, and I'm not aiming so high.

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show me the person who is the best poker player? There is a bigger one for each cabinet

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but even a bad poker player can win against the best in the world.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I would be happy. First, you need to get to the table with Nigrian. and there it will be seen))

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
For what year have I been trying to get into freerolls in Sochi but unsuccessfully ((

I wonder if there will be a New Year freeroll on the PS?can anyone know

Last edited by a moderator:
rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes I agree. because we all have the spirit of competition, for that we must study, practice and strive until we achieve victory. always practice, practice and practice ....

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you will have to donate ALL of your time

Let's check the facts.
1) 24hours * 365days *100 years = 876.000 hours = that's 100 year life. you will be sleeping 30% of this time, some time has passed, cause your age isn't zero. some time will be spent in WC, for toothbrush, for bacon and eggs and so on. So there isn't much time left... And also - will you live to 100 years? Your grand or grand-grand father did?

2) Poker objectively is not producing any useful product for human race and society. It's a disease, parasite game. Players don't generate new value doing actions for the group that they represent, they only exchange value and waste time, only the dealer gets true value for his time and this value is called rake.

3) Assuming said above, it becomes obvious like 1+2 = The best poker player in the world is the one who has never even heard about poker and haven't seen card deck at all.:deal:

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

"I am the best player in the world" some of the great athletes say that you have to believe yourself the best to achieve great achievements ;)
Cheers

Kings of love and nature :kh4::kc4: :D

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No I do not think it is possibly simply by committing to it (no matter to the fullest extent).

You cannot will yourself to be the fastest runner or best golfer. Nor can you will yourself to be the best surgeon or best mathematician.

You can become learned and highly trained, among the best in your field but with most intellectual pursuits there are a handful that function on genius level. That is inherent and something which can't be taught.

The troubled Stu Ungar was an unbeatable card player when on form. The best gin rummy players in the world refused to play him anymore so he switched to poker and became wsop champion, twice. No matter the drive and ambition you cannot will yourself to be a Stu Ungar.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never would I set a goal like that. There are many steps to even get close to being the best. First of all, who is the best? What determines being the best? Being a pro, making a good living, then maybe you consider striving to be the best.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to be an amateur, not a pro. The life of a pro is too full of big bets or serious games. But amateurs also have good victories in tournaments, but also more rest and a quiet life compared to pro players

In fact, the amateur does not take poker seriously, they play for fun that can generate extra income (or not).
So there are less charges.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you'd be best player in the world you definitely wouldn't have time to hang out in some random forum though :rolleyes:

I don't see logic. I believe that we came into the world to transmit knowledge. If the person is going to live and even breathe poker, where else would he transmit his acquired knowledge?
Here we have poker professionals, already contradicting your argument.

I believe that to be better at anything, humility must prevail.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello. No matter what, there is always somebody in this world that is better and there is always someone in this world that believes they are.

Hello!

I agree with you, but to be the best you have to be recognized by most of the community. To think that it is the best is nothing but arrogance.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, the amateur does not take poker seriously, they play for fun that can generate extra income (or not).
So there are less charges.

I take poker seriously, I just don't play big buy-in tournaments and I don't play live poker. But I play Sunday Storm for $ 11, and sometimes satellites to major tournaments, so there is a chance of winning big

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Show me the person who is the best poker player? There is a bigger one for each cabinet

If he chose to continue his studies and games, today the best in the world would be Fedor Holz.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, but even a bad poker player can win against the best in the world.

That's right, bad players can beat the best in the world.
But on a scale of 10 per million hands.

The skill will always win the lot.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"I am the best player in the world" some of the great athletes say that you have to believe yourself the best to achieve great achievements ;)
Cheers

Kings of love and nature :kh4::kc4: :D

I also believe in that line of thought.
Everything you think has expanded!
But of course, without effort there are no results.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No I do not think it is possibly simply by committing to it (no matter to the fullest extent).

You cannot will yourself to be the fastest runner or best golfer. Nor can you will yourself to be the best surgeon or best mathematician.

You can become learned and highly trained, among the best in your field but with most intellectual pursuits there are a handful that function on genius level. That is inherent and something which can't be taught.

The troubled Stu Ungar was an unbeatable card player when on form. The best gin rummy players in the world refused to play him anymore so he switched to poker and became WSOP champion, twice. No matter the drive and ambition you cannot will yourself to be a Stu Ungar.

Understands and respects your reasoning.
But I have a question, why do you think Stu Ungar has dropped out of level?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never would I set a goal like that. There are many steps to even get close to being the best. First of all, who is the best? What determines being the best? Being a pro, making a good living, then maybe you consider striving to be the best.

To be the best is to be unbeatable.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I take poker seriously, I just don't play big buy-in tournaments and I don't play live poker. But I play Sunday Storm for $ 11, and sometimes satellites to major tournaments, so there is a chance of winning big

Sorry if I expressed myself badly ...
I didn't mean that you or any amateur doesn't take the game seriously or think it's just a joke.
I meant that the amateur does not have the desire to practice poker at the level of a professional.
Although all players want to play the biggest and best tournaments available.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I don't see logic. I believe that we came into the world to transmit knowledge. If the person is going to live and even breathe poker, where else would he transmit his acquired knowledge?
Here we have poker professionals, already contradicting your argument.

Poker proffesionals = automatically best poker player in the world.

This must be your logic then :hmmmm2: