dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The fact is that the classic answer to this question is: “Nothing. Don't play poker. He's not right for you." In a sense, this is a really good answer, because this solution will allow you to completely get rid of feelings of anxiety and fear, and in addition, it will help you not to lose extra money and establish a “life outside the tables.” However, I doubt that this is the only solution. Obviously, the game will play both a technical aspect (direct game skills) and a psychological aspect. The player is able to work on each of them, developing his thinking and game. Thus, the question of a player’s unsuitability is no longer so categorical. You just need to identify the problem and find its solution.

silentshowdown

silentshowdown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what we fear the most before a poker game for example

a) fear of losing money
b)damage our nerves
c)wasted time
I hate it when I spend so much time playing well, only to lose everything to some crazy dude who went all-in with a trash hand and got lucky on the Flop. lol. He just ruined my Pocket Aces and my mood.

I play Micro Stakes, so money is not the problem. However, I am a human being and I am still learning to identify other possible triggers.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if I play poker I'm not afraid of losing money and I play because I should play poker and make the right decisions. If any weak player wins me I'll say well today is bad player day and I'll move on playing poker it's part of the game it happens that I don't have anything when I play poker
Do you FLEX when you say this ^ ?
Do you say this to the other player (while flexing) or is this something you say to yourself while thinking about the weak player who just won you.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Deciding to play poker requires first having a spirit of steel.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

a) fear of losing money
b)damage our nerves
c)wasted time
My biggest fear is that the missile attacks of our enemies will once again damage our critical infrastructure and we will again be without electricity and communications.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Even experienced athletes have certain fears before the start, I think it's normal and natural to be afraid of something, etc.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

a) fear of losing money
b)damage our nerves
c)wasted time
a) I never play Poker if I cannot afford to burn that Money.
b) I have nerves of Steel, after bringing up 5 Kids of my own.
c) At my age being Retired I have plenty of Time on my hands.

So my only fear before I play is can I go to the first break without needing the Toilet? :):)

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, definently not scared, because I never play with my money. Otherwise, I would be absolutely frightened to be honest.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker, in my opinion, is the best card and strategy game that exists. You don't have to be afraid of losing because like any game, we can lose even playing with the best hand, and we can win with the worst hand. That's the beauty of the game. The important thing is to know how to deal with bad streaks and not lose your head to win as many hands as possible.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Clearly not, at least in my case. I only invest in poker what I am willing to lose. That way, I can learn while playing without fear.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My main fear considering Poker is only one: when I can't to play in the different and my favorite kinds of Poker!
And therefore I want, that this moment didn't come, as more longly!.. That's it!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would certainly preferred to play for someone else if I had a standard salary, even if I had to keep 10% of the winnings.