You are addicted to poker or play for hobby.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If playing poker everyday is addiction then yes I'm a poker addict.

A

alfenike

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Juego

Mi juego es por placer ya que no puedo estudiar lo suficiente como para pasar a jugar por juegos importantes

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already tried to make poker work unfortunately it didn’t work out now it's just a hobby for the soul! I like to think and take risks at the same time!)))

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strictly a hobby player, here. I am currently taking a bit of a break, for no particular reason, but I have certainly logged plenty of hours in my time.

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I confess that I've been addicted to poker and even lost a lot of money, but nowadays I play more for pleasure than for addiction.[/COLOR]​

Shouldn't there be a third option?

• Playing poker as a profession for an income.

Just asking...

posztulatum

posztulatum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who knows? :D

Okay this was a joke only.
The people like the challenges. The poker is one of this. If someone become professional person in something in his/her life then will not enjoy that enough because it will be boring... do you know what I am taking about?
Always need challenge in every activity what you do. The poker has an extra thing what can give you a challenge always. This thing is what many people can't understand. This thing is out of physical things. This thing being in everything in fact. We men called this fortune or luck.... interesting thing that the google translator gives some extra meanings to the fortune "felicity, happiness"

So the happiness means luck.. my feeling this is these: 😳 😕😄😢😬😆
These meaning are not true. These meaning mislead the men. Who gave these definitions to the luck him also doesn't understand what is the luck mean exactly.
I am really sad when I thinking about this.... this definitions suggests that you can't control your life. And this is a BIG lie from the men who can't to take the responsibility in his/her life. This men doesn't want you be a success man. If this man (called A man) sees someone who can control own life then this A man think he (A man) is not enough good or he can't understand something. He absolute don't want has this feeling. So he will find something what he can tell why not okay with this (with the B man who can control his own life).

So yes, I am sad when I meet whit this in the life...

I am really curious to the answers to my post. I will do a new post with this thought now.

C

carolyne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question, I can't decide I'm losing - wins anyway.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you take it like a game, all right, you can lose some, win some, if that dont mess it with your life

Weakleaks

Weakleaks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone!!

My name is Milos and I play at 888 poker for over 5 years. I can say that i'm playing poker DAILY so, it could be counted as my pashion and addiction as well. Thank you!!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's my favorite hobby...For poker to be a job, I have to play better...

J

jorge tinga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play for fun before when i was young i played soccer 3 to 4 times a week today i no longer have all this breath for football so i play once a week and the other days i play online poker and live with friends

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun but people are taking my money. That is what I do not understand.

PktPairPete

PktPairPete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plan for fun. Can't afford to get addicted.

I only play on days with a "y" in them.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a hobby but I sure would like to win more more money. I do play a lot. Few hours a day.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me its something in between. I play it cause I really like card games, but at the same time it's sort of addiction, cause I can't stop playing even if I loose. Hard times :)

Walttinho

Walttinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun...Poker is my hobbies

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me is a hobby and an opportunity to make money.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
For me it is not an addiction, it is a way to relax and reduce stress, in a fun and pleasant way

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it s not like an addiction. If i want i can take a break like 1 month

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play every day but I wouldn't say it's an addiction, I'm trying to form a bankroll to make me a pro

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to love poker and now poker is recklessly acting on my nervous system but I still play with the hope of winning more money. Maybe love will return after I normally win)))))

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when does something pass from a passion into an addiction....

its sort of a subjective thing I suppose....we don't say footballers are addicted to football even though the sacrifice and the cash outlay could be similar in time and dollars and lack of other social activities for those who want to become pros...

I suppose the line is when it becomes detrimental somehow....like if someone asks you how was your day and you respond with EV and run bad....

lol

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that even if you play for fun, if you like it and start making money you can create an addiction to the game in case you don't know how to control your emotions.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is only a hobby for me BUT I have a very addictive personality, I.E. I tend to become obsessed with and addicted to my hobbies! I'm just getting back into poker this year after a few years off and I'm already starting to feel a bit "twitchy" and irritable if I have to go a full day without playing! But I keep to micro - VERY micro! - stakes, so I don't consider it to be a dangerous addiction. In the four years I spent taking a break from poker, I had an unlimited cinema membership and saw 196 films in a single year! And I played a smartphone App called Contest Of Champions in a really competitive gaming alliance, which took up between 5 hours and 12 hours of my day, EVERY day, for about 3 years. Both of those addictions were far more invasive and damaging to happy family life at home, and social life in the real world, than my rediscovered enthusiasm for poker seems to be.