Are You a Successful Player?

E

evarki8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somewhat. There are different reasons why I have not been as successful as I should.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I win more than I lose, but I'm certainly not getting rich on poker. Perhaps someday.

T

tysfm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say so. I'm learning, doing far better than I was and can dominate micro stakes games at times. I'm having to learn to adjust to new / better players.

I've won satellite entries into one $50k GTD and one $100k GTD against far more experienced players. I bombed out of both, but only after the add-on break, surviving a good 1/3 of the field in both. I couldn't afford the rebuy or addons.

:D Noted for my next attempts at a deep run in large tournaments.

Total stake: $492, Total cashes $215, ROI -60.2%

Most of the loss has been attempts at runs in $10,000+ GTD tourneys. I'm behind, but I've also only been playing for a month, and I've been learning like crazy. I'm confident I'll do well in the long run, and I think gaining experience is a success in and of itself if it's shown in your results. I don't get eaten alive on Play Money games on pokerstars anymore. I eat others about 3/4 of the time in Micro Stakes No Limit Holdem (.01/.02 & .02/.04) now. I've placed in the top half of most tournaments I focus on (when not playing several MTTs, playing at work or playing at home with my GF in the same room doing her thing, chatting).

It's also brought my closer to my GF, so... yeah, total success.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just profitable in NL2... so... NO! :)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this week I'm a very bad player! all I move and I can't to win anything. So now I can say - I'm not a success player(((

everything will be fine, wait for the opportunity when the game gives a good turn, good luck at the tables;);):)

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a lot of friends that tried to make it with poker, me included, but it is harder than it sounds, and besides poker stars (players) i do not know anyone to make a living aut of it

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play long and still have not earned more than $ 11, I'm a loser, but I continue to believe in luck!
!!!;)

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not yet! but I'm going the right way haha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a successful player, and very lucky, but sometimes I have big defeats, from this no one is insured unfortunately.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing back to the golden days for a while, but I've been playing to improve my game to learn clearly that I want to win too, but I believe that there is a cost to learn and to lose. I'm not yet successful in poker one day who knows I have!

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have my moments I have won more than I have ever lost for sure!

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have my moments I have won more than I have ever lost for sure!

I often read that successful players have a steady income, but if this is true then how to explain the big losses of famous players, they also have their bad days:confused:

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well we are not all the same, play different, have different goals, I am not a pro so I play my way and have some luck.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I am a succesful player, since my earnings are exceeding my losses by far (mostly cause of winning few tournaments).. On the other hand, i am not succesful in improving my game or advancing to bigger buy-ins..

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

I don't consider myself a successful player, successful players who regularly withdraw money and not those who they vlazhivayut )))))))))))))))

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've made money, but not to the point where it's life changing, so no I'm not successful.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately I have not managed to get my deposits back yet, but this does not mean that I'm not a successful player. perhaps it's a matter of mere luck, not in the ability to play.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Define success? If one is winning then they are successful.. You don't have to win a boatload of cash to be successful. If you are winning and happy winning then you are successful. If you played in a tournament and finished say 154 and next tournament you finished say 123 is also a success compared to your first tournament.

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody defines it's own success. It just maters if you reach your goals [emoji108]

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't reach them for now but i'll do my best and keep you updated

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Successful player can be gauged in many different ways. If you are playing for fun and just enjoy the game regardless of the outcome, then you can be successful. This is what I believe will push you to becoming a better player and have some good results. Just enjoy the game, learn the game, have fun, get some results after a long time of having fun while learning. don't expect quick results. Be successful in that you feel happy at the end of the day playing the game you like playing.