Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a poker addict, but I don't play when I don't have money, unless you count free tournaments :D
I was addicted to poker when I started to play, but after some courses and meditation and have break the vicious cycle.
We shouldn’t play poker for addictive reasons, we should play only to have fun or because we believe it’s a serious work, without emotional attachments.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

I have not been diagnosed yet :) though my frequency of play has increased considerably.

If you are not playing for money when you do not have then you may not be an official addict, just self-diagnosed.

I consider myself a poker enthusiast. :unsure:

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My playing hours have been incresed these lasts weeks. I feel I'm more anti-social than I was before, and people aready asked me if I was addicted.

I do have some habits that end up to being obsessive, but if I keep watching out for myself, I can minimise the damage I'm doin to myself . That's not different to poker.

The best I can do is a playing schedule, where I'll keep control of how much games I'm playing and the time I'll be doing it.

Best of luck to us all!

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Bio sam ovisan o pokeru kad sam počeo igrati, ali nakon nekoliko tečajeva i meditacije prekinuo sam začarani krug.
Poker ne bismo trebali igrati iz razloga ovisnosti, trebali bismo igrati samo da bismo se zabavili ili zato što vjerujemo da je to ozbiljan posao, bez emocionalnih vezanosti.
Uglavnom igram iz zabave, ali kad imam novaca igram i po 10 sati i više pa se smatram ovisnikom. Obično zarađujem na besplatnim turnirima.
Bok tamo,

Još mi nije dijagnosticirana :) iako se moja učestalost igranja znatno povećala.

Ako ne igrate za novac, a nemate ga, možda niste službeni ovisnik, samo ste se sami dijagnosticirali.

Smatram se poker entuzijastom.:nesiguran:
Apsolutno se slažem. Možda još ima nade da ne postanem službeni ovisnik:D
Moji sati igranja su se povećali ovih posljednjih tjedana. Osjećam da sam više asocijalan nego što sam bio prije, a ljudi su me često pitali jesam li ovisan.

Imam neke navike koje na kraju postanu opsesivne, ali ako nastavim paziti na sebe, mogu umanjiti štetu koju si nanosim. To nije drugačije od pokera.

Najbolje što mogu napraviti je raspored igranja, gdje ću kontrolirati koliko igara igram i vrijeme koje ću to učiniti.

Puno sreće svima nama!
Rekao si točno ono što osjećam. Sve što radim, radim jer to volim, a ti postaješ moja opsesija.
Hvala što ste podijelili svoja iskustva. Naučio sam kako odgovoriti na više komentara u jednoj objavi. Samo trebam naučiti igrati poker kako bismo se mogli naći za stolom i viteški natjecati. Nadam se da razumijete što sam napisao jer koristim prevoditelj.
Želim ti sve najbolje!

Last edited:
D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes yes, I have lost all my money because I don't know when to stop playing.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, poker nowadays is a hobby for me.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Sometimes yes, I lost all my money because I don't know when to stop playing.
When I started playing it happened to me very often, and now sometimes, about the same as with you. Too much time spent in the game usually results in a loss.
No, poker is my hobby today.
It's best to keep it that way. It is not good to overdo anything, and in poker this can only lead to loss of money and health. Just keep it up. I hope to bring myself back to normal as well.

E

eletor2020

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly, the limit will always be whether you borrow to play or not.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no becuase i usually take big breaks from poker ....and it became more often those breaks ...:)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm a poker addict, but I don't play when I don't have money, unless you count free tournaments :D
If you don't play when there's no money, then you're not a drug addict :)
Real drug addicts will always find money ....

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I am, but who knows. I can easily be without playing poker for several days without missing the game, like when I was on vacation. But I do play poker almost every day when I'm not on vacation, so, I really don't know...lol

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a poker addict
Addiction is a disease and is not good for health. One of the things you have to do to get rid of addiction, and for that you can never say that you are addicted, by making such a statement you will automatically be making your brain accept the condition of the disease.
Another thing you should do right away is to stay away from the tables for a few days, that is if it's on pokerstars, you can block your system for a while and then it's automatically unblocked by pokerstars.
Free games are the most addictive, as they are very easy to play and win and end up getting your brain used to game actions.
Try to play only real games even if it's freerolls and try to watch movies, read books and do other tasks that can give pleasure to your brain.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
The same thing happens to me, although I don't consider myself addicted, I do play a lot of free tournaments and once a month I put in some money to play a tournament of my interest

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
so I guess you're not that addicted.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I was addicted to poker when I started to play, but after some courses and meditation and have break the vicious cycle.
We shouldn’t play poker for addictive reasons, we should play only to have fun or because we believe it’s a serious work, without emotional attachments.
I mostly play for fun, but when I have money I play for 10 hours or more, so I consider myself an addict. I usually make money from free tournaments.
Hi there,

I have not been diagnosed yet :) though my frequency of play has increased considerably.

If you are not playing for money when you do not have then you may not be an official addict, just self-diagnosed.

I consider myself a poker enthusiast. :unsure:
I absolutely agree. Maybe there is still hope that I won't become an official addict.
My playing hours have been incresed these lasts weeks. I feel I'm more anti-social than I was before, and people aready asked me if I was addicted.

I do have some habits that end up to being obsessive, but if I keep watching out for myself, I can minimise the damage I'm doin to myself . That's not different to poker.

The best I can do is a playing schedule, where I'll keep control of how much games I'm playing and the time I'll be doing it.

Best of luck to us all!
You said exactly what I feel. Everything I do, I do because I love it, but it becomes an obsession.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I learned how to reply to multiple comments in one post. I just need to learn how to play poker so we can meet at the table and compete chivalrously. I hope you understood what I wrote because I am using a translator. I didn't know that it doesn't automatically translate quotes, so now I'm correcting the mistake.
I wish you all the best!

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I don't think I am, but who knows. I can easily be without playing poker for several days without missing the game, like when I was on vacation. But I do play poker almost every day when I'm not on vacation, so, I really don't know...lol
It sure is useful to take a break. If I succeed, I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Undoubtedly, the limit will always be whether you borrow to play or not.
I don't borrow to play, I don't even pay, and I could set aside $10-20 every month and not be sorry if I lost it. Thanks for the comment.
No. Otherwise I'd be out of money.
I consider myself an addict because when I have money I play too much, but I didn't go bankrupt because of it. Thanks for the comment.
no becuase i usually take big breaks from poker ....and it became more often those breaks ...:)
That's great so you can definitely be better and more successful in the game. I will try to control myself. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Addiction is a disease and is not good for health. One of the things you have to do to get rid of addiction, and for that you can never say that you are addicted, by making such a statement you will automatically be making your brain accept the condition of the disease.
Another thing you should do right away is to stay away from the tables for a few days, that is if it's on pokerstars, you can block your system for a while and then it's automatically unblocked by pokerstars.
Free games are the most addictive, as they are very easy to play and win and end up getting your brain used to game actions.
Try to play only real games even if it's freerolls and try to watch movies, read books and do other tasks that can give pleasure to your brain.
You explained everything in great detail. I play on PokerStars and I knew there was that option. The desire to play is stronger, so I didn't have the strength to block myself :D The biggest problem is that I have a lot of free time and I publicly promise that I will try to find a hobby. You had a positive effect on me with your comment and it shows how important communication is. I will do whatever it takes to kick this addiction, and if I succeed, much of the credit will go to you. I say much of the credit because I have received similar advice from people around me, so I myself am aware that I need to take immediate action. Health, family should be priorities. I wish you all the best.
The same thing happens to me, although I don't consider myself addicted, I do play a lot of free tournaments and once a month I put in some money to play a tournament of my interest
We should both play less because if we take breaks, we will certainly have more concentration and thus achieve better results. Look at the other comments, I think they can be helpful. In our country there is a popular saying "The more people, the more they know". Each of these comments had a positive impact on me.
so I guess you're not that addicted.
Maybe I was too self-righteous. A certain addiction exists, but it did not decisively affect my general financial situation, I just ran out of money to play. I didn't pay for reasons of principle, in order to force myself to be more responsible towards money, and towards health, because when I don't have money - I play less.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
If you don't play when there's no money, then you're not a drug addict :)
Real drug addicts will always find
Maybe you're right, my financial situation allows me to set aside $10-20 every month for this hobby. I don't pay and that way I abstain. I can't play free tournaments often because there aren't many of them, when I win something, I pay more attention to the cash, and it's more fun to play. That's it. Maybe it's best that poker is our hobby.

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since I started a month ago I've been enjoying it a lot hahaa I'm studying to get one in a tournament one day

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
dIt depends, if I see it as I want to be a pro and live from poker, yes I am, but I don't let it interrupt my path, I just prepare myself and continue with life and poker is part of that

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I have money I play for 10 hours or more, so I consider myself an addict.
So let’s work this situation on! You can get rid of addiction and start to play only for fun or because you feel it’s a normal job. In time you’ll get the psychological results, just have patience and continue to be humble, which means, assuming that you are an addict is a huge step to stop being one! Thanks for your reply
Best regards;

Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Despite playing poker every day of the week, I don't consider myself an addict. I play respecting my bankroll and the limits that I beat more easily. I don't shoot tournaments above the buy'in level I play and when I have something important to solve I don't think about poker. I believe that someone who deposits recurrently and doesn't know when to stop, instead of interrupting the session, increases the buy'ins to try to recover what he lost is an out of control person, or addicted as you say.