Are you a loser?

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is the honest truth.....Most of us are LOSERS!!! I have played for fourteen years online and I am a LOSER> Do you cling to the idea that you are going to win big in one of these tournaments but always lose no matter if you play 1% of your bankroll. At what point do you accept you are an idiot ? When does a person accept they are losers?

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I agree with MakTrue, maybe you've had bad results lately and that leads to frustration, I know, it happened to me, let me tell you, you're NOT a loser. Greetings

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I see you're having a hard day and you're very angry today you just need to rest and the day will come when you win

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude, listen, by my opinion, You are real masochistic! I think, therefore your nickname: Backlash. You are hitting self a lash,
and very want, that this same became to do and the others?!. Look around: Life is wonderful, and the all in this world is relatively!..

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I may or may not be a loser but i learned along time ago from playing another game that can't be beat and i still play it as well as poker so maybe i just like to punish myself or maybe i like to challenge myself hmmmm.......well i'll figure it out someday.
Good luck with your little problem i have my own puzzle over here!:giggle:;)(y)

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello
there are a lot of things i'm not a pro at but that doesn't make me an idiot or a loser. what were your expectations? getting rich playing poker ? that's the dream of many people and as you know, it doesn't always come true :) for me it's always just a hobby with the chance of making a big profit. For me it's definitely better than playing the lottery. When I read some forum posts, I get a little sick at the thought of building up a bankroll over the years. I'd rather go to work, it's faster and takes less time. All the best for the future and always think positive :)

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You have to work on yourself and everything will turn out as it should. The main thing is to believe in yourself

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Nope. But I started just before the Moneymaker poker boom and made most the money I've made back then playing cash. I think played MTT's for 15+ years and never much if any. Probably was a losing player then. But overall was still ahead because I played mostly micro/low stakes MTT's and had won a pretty decent amount playing 50nl cash for the 3-4 years before taking up MTT's. Then I quit playing for a bit or rarely ever played.

Came back to cash in Oct 2022 and decided to start at 2nl and challenge/work myself back up to hopefully at least 50nl but would like to reach 100nl. So far the biggest challenge is getting volume in where I enjoy and mostly only play full-ring and can only double table so far. Still a winning player though just not winning much because of lack of time/volume. Which some of I gotta spend studying each week. Gonna be a slow climb.

EDIT: Being a winning poker player isn't only about knowing how to play poker, studying and 100 other things. It's also about table selection and stake level you play. Stop sitting with and letting the same guys beat you.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here is the honest truth.....Most of us are LOSERS!!! I have played for fourteen years online and I am a LOSER> Do you cling to the idea that you are going to win big in one of these tournaments but always lose no matter if you play 1% of your bankroll. At what point do you accept you are an idiot ? When does a person accept they are losers?
It happens mate but it doesn’t mean you are a loser. As others mentioned maybe you had a mental breakdown or a Tilt, but this is part of our long term process of achieving self control.
Keep studying and if you really love poker, never give up! I’m much more loser than you are and I tell you to never retreat, never surrender, have faith in your work and the time will bring you joy and success!
Take me as an example, I went to live in the streets, became a beggar, lost friends, family, computer, cell phone, I can’t even play poker now, but I do own a cellphone and I have faith it will work it out for me!
I have absolutely nothing so I’m the big loser. But I’m striving, I see a hard path ahead because I’m nearly 41 years old but I tell you: love yourself and put effort and discipline, and forget about time, let it take it 20, 30 years the most important thing is that you are alive and fighting.
I believe in you, so all you have to do is being to believe in yourself!
All the best regards to you mate and let the chips fall as they may!

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i felt really stupid when i lost my poker bankroll on sports betting.
but poker doesn't make me feel that way.
we all have bad plays and bad addictions.
I think you have to understand and try to evolve within the game.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It happens mate but it doesn’t mean you are a loser. As others mentioned maybe you had a mental breakdown or a Tilt, but this is part of our long term process of achieving self control.
Keep studying and if you really love poker, never give up! I’m much more loser than you are and I tell you to never retreat, never surrender, have faith in your work and the time will bring you joy and success!
Take me as an example, I went to live in the streets, became a beggar, lost friends, family, computer, cell phone, I can’t even play poker now, but I do own a cellphone and I have faith it will work it out for me!
I have absolutely nothing so I’m the big loser. But I’m striving, I see a hard path ahead because I’m nearly 41 years old but I tell you: love yourself and put effort and discipline, and forget about time, let it take it 20, 30 years the most important thing is that you are alive and fighting.
I believe in you, so all you have to do is being to believe in yourself!
All the best regards to you mate and let the chips fall as they may!
As an older guy(50) that's been thru a few things too all of this 100%. Poker like life is a journey sometimes it throws you curveballs and knocks you down. When it does like Aball says it's most important to keep fighting and not give up.

Sorry about your current shitty situation Aball but sending you nothing but the best and well wishes man. At 41 you're not that old man lots of runway/road left ahead. 10 years, some hard work and bit of luck can completely change ones life.

Cheers!!!

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This forum is becoming a shoulder for cry babies.
I have a strong belief that you are a loser when you start these kinds of conversations.
When two people are competing in the running race and both fall, the one that will sit and guess if he is a loser will lose, because the other one will get up and keep running.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im making money, but time wise Im a loser.I still love poker (most days)

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are people who play for fun. I am such a person) Even though I didn’t win big money, I don’t consider myself a loser.
A person becomes a loser when he recognizes himself as a loser. I wish you never feel like a failure 🍀

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Guess you are on to something - we are all losers :unsure:

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Like you said, its just a few of us who wins and i know that im not one of those, but think about that this way, you can get better with poker and sport bets ;) (95% sportbetters not making money)

I dont play poker to win money...or do i..maybe i still do, but its not the thing why i love my hobbies. It is that challenge what you get.

I dont know how that works when you play poker for living, small stakes cash tables grinding... not my cup of tea of poker time, hope you can have fun with poker also :)

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heeeyyy...

Well, first step taken.

You realized that you're in a situation where you see yourself as protagonist.

The loser.

So for you to not be a loser what you gotta do?

I haven't been loosing for a little while.

Do you know why?

Cause I haven't been playing hahaha...

I hope I can help you by telling you that the solution might not be obvious but, there are many ways for you not to loose and one of them could simply be not putting yourself into a situation where you can loose hehe...

But in the end buddy, you're the only one with the right answer for your troubles.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Most of us are losers ,,this is normal and expected

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never. Remember there is always hope

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I agree with you, there is a thing called variance, and this thing is a demon that will be after you in poker, and you will get bad beat after bad beat. You can be ahead in a hand, and a turn or river card destroys your expectations, it happened to me yesterday. Poker can make you sick and mad sometimes, but taking a break is better or even quitting if it destroys your inner peace

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We are all looser........he had just 1 victory playe by game.......