X 10. How many Quads do you see in a session?

BLACKSOLDIER

BLACKSOLDIER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really I don’t think I bring anymore tables than the average but I recently saw Quads about ten times in one six hour session. Was that weird or am I just seeing so many hands that...

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really I don’t think I bring anymore tables than the average but I recently saw Quads about ten times in one six hour session. Was that weird or am I just seeing so many hands that...
Depends on how many times I flop a set vs a smaller set...then I usually get to see villian make quads.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi how are you to answer your question Blacksoldier
How many tables were you playing?you had quads or witnessed somebody on the table with quads?once in every 100 to 150 hands quads is possible I reckon good luck:D:D:D

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Really vaires sometimes they pop up more often than I think they should sometimes less so. Of the top of my head I think about once every 5K hands.

I will pull some data and post below.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Well my guess was wrong. I could not pull when opponent or someone at table made quads I can only get when I make quads.

153,560 Hands
Me get quads - 81

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well my guess was wrong. I could not pull when opponent or someone at table made quads I can only get when I make quads.

153,560 Hands
Me get quads - 81

Ok so playing a long handed table on average 9 players somebody out of 9 would get quads at them tables one in every 150 to 200 hands would you agree?

D

Drefps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya that’s a lot of quads in a short period of time. How many poker hands do u play a day lol. I’ve seen quads like 4 times in the past two months, one of which were mine. Quads are pretty rare for me to see otherwise

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
According to http://wizardofodds.com/games/poker/, the probability that you can see quads at a 9-player table (assuming no one ever folds) is: 0.013183% or ~ once every 7586 hands
The above stats have a lot of players holding cards to the river. Just this week our 4 hour home game had quads come up 3 times with an eight player table. We get in about 20 hands per hour, so we played about 80 hands. From what is shown in the link above, we were way above the average, especially when we did not have all players going to the river. Most often we do not see quads for weeks at a time.
Tomorrow, when I visit the local poker room I hope to see my quad 9's lose out to a straight flush. Badbeat Jackpot!!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to http://wizardofodds.com/games/poker/, the probability that you can see quads at a 9-player table (assuming no one ever folds) is: 0.013183% or ~ once every 7586 hands
The above stats have a lot of players holding cards to the river. Just this week our 4 hour home game had quads come up 3 times with an eight player table. We get in about 20 hands per hour, so we played about 80 hands. From what is shown in the link above, we were way above the average, especially when we did not have all players going to the river. Most often we do not see quads for weeks at a time.
Tomorrow, when I visit the local poker room I hope to see my quad 9's lose out to a straight flush. Badbeat Jackpot!!

Interesting so you reckon a full table of 9 players 1 hand in 842 somebody gets quads
It seems to happen more than that sorry if talking about full table is causing confusion but Joesi accounts for 1 in every 264 for them alone and that is the times that hit a poker how many times did he fold and would have hit a poker is that included in calculations I wonder?

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Interesting so you reckon a full table of 9 players 1 hand in 842 somebody gets quads
It seems to happen more than that sorry if talking about full table is causing confusion but Joesi accounts for 1 in every 264 for them alone and that is the times that hit a poker how many times did he fold and would have hit a poker is that included in calculations I wonder?

Not my reckoning - just some research off the Internet. I just wish I got quads more often than expected. haha

BLACKSOLDIER

BLACKSOLDIER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can I stay live long enough to peep any,?

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a really rare thing to see but I've seen it about 4 times in one session it was crazy quad 2, 5, 10s & A's it was crazy cause the 10s came after the 2's and I made the 10's when it happened I was smiling cause I made it against a fishy player who went all in and just had AJ it was my 1st quads and just the feeling made me call it, was a great session. made a smalls lol

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see quads very rarely, in fact can not remember the last time until a few days ago as well. I saw 3 in one tournament, plus I had a set of four 2's. Everyone folded before I could bet after the flop, so only a minimal pot.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it was a long time ago but once we counted more than 35 in a tournament in a homegame tournament I never experienced anything like that again. I think it's not so much about how many hands you have played yourself, but you have to look at it as a whole, all players at, for example, poker stars and their hands count everything together.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw last tournament quads of Aces this was very nice from a opponent which not raised like a donkey and showed an Ace and three Aces where on the board

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the time you play per session, you can be 1hs and not see any quads ... or you can be 2hs and see it several times ... it all depends

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I'm seeing often those hands that give poker is being given very often !!

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how many tables you are playing I guess but that def seems on the really high end lol. If you are 24 tabling or something tho might not be that out of line.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It cannot be generalized because there is a day when I don't have/see any and other times I see a lot of quads. Another factor is that not all poker is revealed because we don’t show our hands (raise-fold without show).

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few, lately I am playing little poker.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Generally, one per day while I'm playing

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey bro I've seen Quads 1 maybe 2 in the same time session lol.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

The biggest place where I saw quads was the PLO tournament, where I saw about 7. In hold'em, the biggest thing is in the tournaments I saw 5 (the tournament lasted almost 9 hours).

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, that's a lot. You were probably given to see for six months in advance)).