WSOP Main Event

crisbiazus17

crisbiazus17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pulling for a skilled player like a Greg Merson or a Pius Heinz, tired of these donks and fishes stealing first prize.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pulling for a skilled player like a Greg Merson or a Pius Heinz, tired of these donks and fishes stealing first prize.

A lot of times a player that isn't very well known will win a tournament. Just because you've never heard of them or don't know their poker resume &/or credentials, doesn't mean that they are a fish.

The more knowledge you have about a players poker resume & credentials, the less you will think down upon them when they win.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wonder if ME winners ever regret winning on some level, now that they're a household name in the poker world I would think everybody else has to be studying all of their videos like mad to try and find ways to beat them. This especially if they were relatively unknown before winning.

There's certainly a ton of benefits, but I wonder if any of the winners ever thought that they would have rather stayed relatively unknown, because now if they have any personal problems it's plastered all over the world for public consumption.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't mind. I don't give two shits what the world thinks of me, and I love attention. :D

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, but he said like a.....

Yes he did. However, these two are relatively new to the game of poker.

Greg Merson is a very good player. Pius Heinz is good also, but a maniac. But neither of these were household names until they won the wsop.

I think the ME is like a lotto. It is too big for skilled pros to make it deep every time. Luck is a large factor. I believe every year the final table will be filled by players most of us have not heard much about.

Perhaps one day, I will be on of them (very very unlikely).

blackplanet

blackplanet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had to pick someone to win the wsop other than myself I would definitely say phil ivey. I think it would be awesome if 2 pros went headsup for the braclet I wonder what those odds are :)

B

Bazslazs93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope to see the main event in live !

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out the first week's instalment here!

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are they not showing the first two days?

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if ME winners ever regret winning on some level, now that they're a household name in the poker world I would think everybody else has to be studying all of their videos like mad to try and find ways to beat them. This especially if they were relatively unknown before winning.

There's certainly a ton of benefits, but I wonder if any of the winners ever thought that they would have rather stayed relatively unknown, because now if they have any personal problems it's plastered all over the world for public consumption.

doubt it but it could hurt them if there ego gets too big from winning it and they start thinking they are the best ever like jamie gold did

P

pierceisgod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The final table is set, so Greg Merson or Pius Heinz are both eliminated already the only pro that is really established is JC Tran at the final table.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't think David Benefield is an established pro?

C

chinuchinu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would love to see JC Tran winning a bracelet... he and his game deserves it.

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so excited. I'm romanian so I'd like Daniel Negreanu to win but , also , I'd like to see some show. WCOOP is also a poker lesson. I can't wait!

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so excited. I'm romanian so I'd like Daniel Negreanu to win but , also , I'd like to see some show. WCOOP is also a poker lesson. I can't wait!

he won wsop-asia pacific

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, just like last year.

Ah that sucks. I've not watched any coverage since 2009. I always liked the spectacle of the first few days. Plus, watching early game play was interesting, to me at least.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who made the final table at the WSOP main event?

WSOP