WSOP 2009 Final Table *SPOILERS*

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when do they resume tomorrow? all i'm getting now is commercials so it must be a break.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think todays play ends when it gets to heads up... not sure what the starting time is

ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just woke up because I left the stream running all night...sick double up by Cada again.

W

Waboca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:mad: Are you kidding me....QQ vs 22...2 on the flop for Cada he doubles up to 76 million

W

Waboca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5,4,5 flop...10 on the turn....King on the river were down to heads up...Moon vs Cada

ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down to 2 million, now HU against Moon. Love it.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, dont think anyone could have predicted the outcome of this years wsop.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think this final table has proved that Moon is nothing more than an average-at-best player who got on a ridiculous heater during the week of the main event.

He just hit an ace on the river to bust Begs' QQ, eliminating him from the tournament. His play has just been ridiculous.

I watched a fair amount of the earlier rounds & the above is just how Mr. Moon has described himself repeatedly.
It's poker.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To add to that...

If Moon ends up taking the tournament down, he will be, without a doubt, the worst player to ever win the championship. Hands down.

I disagree with that, since Jerry Yang is far worse, but it doesn't matter, because I don't think he has a chance now.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just woke up because I left the stream running all night...sick double up by Cada again.

lmao that's what woke me up too. Scared the shit out of me. I just heard yelling and screaming as was like WTF

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously? Saout raised preflop in the cutoff to 750K (blinds were 200K/400K at the time). Moon is the only one who calls him from the SB, out of position.

Flop is K-J-2 rainbow. Moon bets out 2.3 Million. Saout raised to 6.75 Million with only 3.2 Million behind. Moon shoves it all in knowing he only has Ace high. Saout isn't folding there, he's too pot committed. So yes, it really was THAT BAD.

I like the theory that Moon misread his A4 for AA as making more sense.

yes i know, his shoved ace high knowing saout isnt folding because he thinks saout bluff raised making his ace high good. It probably isnt a terribly -ev play since saout is raising a ton of hands from the co and will bluff raise a good portion of that air range.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just won $20 but i'm so pissed, sigh

i mean seriously, darvin hasn't already been lucky enough? wtf man

sklhdgfsj, sdkjf, sjdghdf, ajdfjksdf, skd, nsjg, aef, jasefhksjf. Going to make you sweat by not paying until the end of the HU, the only thing i can hold on to :(

I

intel21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nooo ivey!!!
He couldn't run good when he really needed it :(

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with that, since Jerry Yang is far worse, but it doesn't matter, because I don't think he has a chance now.

I don't think so.
Jerry Yang never did anything as bad as those 2 hands with the A4 and folding on a 7.5 to 1 odds pot to Begleiter's all in, and I thought he played well on his final table.

Moon's play has been ridiculous pretty much all through this table
I'd only give him a 10-20% chance of winning this now.
If he wins could it create another poker boom, as it would really seem anyone can win the Main Event?

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i know, his shoved ace high knowing saout isnt folding because he thinks saout bluff raised making his ace high good. It probably isnt a terribly -ev play since saout is raising a ton of hands from the co and will bluff raise a good portion of that air range.

Saout was pot committed. Chances of him just bluffing with nothing in this spot must be like 1%. The only time Moon's call would be good is against the unlikely Q10 straight draw which would be a coinflip.
Anything else he is looking at 3 outs at best so it really was absolutely terrible play by Moon.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey's Play

What did you think of Phil's play at the final table?
I think he played too conservatively.
If he played more aggressively he could have picked up a lot more blinds at the start, and maybe he should have just taken a chance in trying to double up right at the start and being right back in it, rather than waiting for big hands.
He didn't really play his natural usual style did he?

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i haven't seen the final table yet. but throughout the tournament i thought and so did the commentaters, that phil wasn't playing his norm.
he seemed to be playing more "conservative??"
the commentaters would make a remark about what phil will do and he did the exact opposite????. :eek: personally i was impressed at his discepline, but that's my opinion.
it must be rough to be such a dynamite player and watch nonames win the main event.....way before you. :eek:

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Considering Moon's later plays, I can pretty much guarantee you that none of what you said went through Moon's mind. :D

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I called 2 out of 7 places right. I called Buchman being out at 4th and Begleiter being out at 7th.. also got Moon out in 2nd, which is still a possibility.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so.
Jerry Yang never did anything as bad as those 2 hands with the A4 and folding on a 7.5 to 1 odds pot to Begleiter's all in, and I thought he played well on his final table.

Moon's play has been ridiculous pretty much all through this table
I'd only give him a 10-20% chance of winning this now.
If he wins could it create another poker boom, as it would really seem anyone can win the Main Event?

Yang called off Watkinson's A7 with only A9. Still not as bad as Moon's hands.

I agree 100% that Moon has been terrible. The K9 vs. Cada's Aces are another example.

If Moon wins it should create a poker bust rather than a boom. It will show off poker's luck side. You have him making terrible plays. Busting out the best player in the world with lucky AQ vs. AK. Plus Moon doesn't play online and has no sponsors. It certainly won't create an online boom.

Cada had his fair share of luck at the FT too, but he also rallied back from being basically eliminated with only 2.2 Mil and in the BB at 250K/500K. To rally back from that is impressive.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I called 2 out of 7 places right. I called Buchman being out at 4th and Begleiter being out at 7th.. also got Moon out in 2nd, which is still a possibility.

I had 3 out of 7 with Akenhead in 9th, Begs in 6th, and Buchman 4th.

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably played to win and didnt fell like donking around like Cada...
This year it seems that the luckiest player will win..., they do take absurd risks.
Just my 2 donkeycent...
aC

WSOP