Would you play a ring game where there is a pro ...

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would love to play with Vanessa Rousso live, that would be one to write home about

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather not. Plenty of juicier games imo.

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play a pro any time...

I have played with several pros online... in the mid to low stakes cash games... and I have also been on a few tournaments sitting at the same table as a few pros...

they are human, not machines.. and yes they might play a little better then you... but it's a great place to learn how the pros play and adjust your play...

if the pro is playing only on that one table... then he is playing very Aggressive... and playing more the situation then his cards...

if he is playing more then 2 or 3 tables at the same time... this guy is a pro that is playing the cards... and not the situation...

Best you can do is play your best game...

Best of luck at the tables ;-)

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing a pro is what you want to do...did you get nervous? As far as thinking fulltilt would cheat or as you say (back) thats not benifical to them trust me they make to much money for that sort of nonsense. Just my opinion tho....i guess strange things have happend before.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played against a pro, but I would if given the opportunity, just to watch how they play a given hand, I've watched on some of the teaching sites how they play hands, ultra aggressive, yep they play the table not their cards more then I do, but it would be fun just to play in a game with a pro, I wouldn't change my game I'd play the same. I tried playing that style seems I get thru 3/4 of the field then I donk out, can't play to aggressive when the quality of play starts getting better

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play just for experience. I just would be extra tight , If I had a small roll. Yeah they might bluff you out of some pots but just play your best poker and beat them. That's what's great about poker any can do it.
I agree with the playing for experience, but I wouldnt change me game any. The pro would more than likely not have a clue about my style of play so there would be no reason to change it. I would observe for a little while before I sat down to see how they were playing at the table and if my BR could take an aggressive pro.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many people actually watch the videos and/or actually seek out donks in them though? Not to mention the fact that the people who would search out donks from vids care enough about poker that they probably play pretty well.
+1 I do not think it's ever a good investment to drop $50 - $100 in hopes of a future feeding frenzy. Often wondered how those 'educational' tables worked. Like do they really offer you good feedback. Agree with SavagePenguin, probably not a lot to be learned in 1 session at a full table.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
a fair amount of them are kinda bad..

like vitaly lunkin on 200nl, i hear hes a loser there lol

but yeah would i play someone like durrr or PA? not at a significant stake lol

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 I do not think it's ever a good investment to drop $50 - $100 in hopes of a future feeding frenzy. Often wondered how those 'educational' tables worked. Like do they really offer you good feedback. Agree with SavagePenguin, probably not a lot to be learned in 1 session at a full table.

lol no you don't get feedback. They are educational in that sessions played at those tables may be posted on FTP's Academy page.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dunno if i would play against em....but i would certainly take some lessons from them =]

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to fear the pro-its a game, they just need to respect and take into you attention!

teabagger357

teabagger357

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the playing for experience, but I wouldnt change me game any. The pro would more than likely not have a clue about my style of play so there would be no reason to change it. I would observe for a little while before I sat down to see how they were playing at the table and if my BR could take an aggressive pro.

Yeah I would watch for a few hands for sure. I not say change your game , I am just saying I would make sure and play tight but it really depends on how the table is playing.

Top 10 Games