Status
Not open for further replies.
LongJohn45

LongJohn45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if I had a lot of money already, I would consider buying playing chips for a few reasons. But first, I would point out why I would play with play money in the first place, its to practice without the fear of losing real money and to sharpen your poker skills. On many of these poker websites, they have low and high limit tables. In order to really compete at the higher-stake tables, you first to need to build up and grind your way up to a sizable stack. This can take a few days, or at least many hours. If your main purpose with play chips is to get better, you dont want to waste many hours at low limit tables where people play a lot looser and less seriously. So, it could be worth it to spend a little bit on play chips to save you the time. For some people, it could be a ton of time.

S

suitedslick

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would anyone buy playchips? Better to spend it on real poker money

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with play chips has no relationship to a real money game. It is closer to bar poker.

Blackfeet888

Blackfeet888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy play money chips, wouldn't that be an oxymoron anyways

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes...yes I have seen that...in ahs absoulutely destroyed most of the home game clubs I play in because now you cannot transfer playchips!! However...i did know a guy who bought playchips before this rule came into place...he never admitted it...but was kinda obvious lol. Anyway..you would be surprised at the amount of people with a playchip gambling addiction who want to sit at 1M/2M playchip tables and feel like a high-roller. As for blackrain79...reading your post I actually did the same thing back in the day...I would usually get around $1 per 100k playchips and thats how I started by bankroll aswell...due to new playchip transfer rules that market is over...the point is...pokerstars found an easy way to make money and keep outside sites who sell playchips outta the picture.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rofl rofl rofl.......Is this a joke??? WTF?/? This is the craziest thing i've heard

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you own an XBox or Sega?
Then you also have paid $200 to play games and win a cent.

burgdogky

burgdogky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I would never pay for play chips since they have no value. I think it's a great idea for stars to offer that being thats how Zynga and other poker rooms have made millions. There are bound to be hundreds of people to buy the $200 package if there are millions playing. It's purely a numbers game...

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea why someone had to spend money on play chips. For me it is stupid. Money can be invested in BR. If someone plays it for fun, it gets free play chips. Why pay? We can also play freeroll for free and maybe get win some $

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or....they can play the .10 360 man on stars and start winning real money and gettkng rakw back and shit LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

cmldclg

cmldclg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$200 is almost the minimum wage (or over) in some countries.
in my opinion it's outrageous.
But strange people do some strange things

F

FAOMaalik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a no on spending money for play chips (though I have shelled out real dough to buy the wifey Warcraft pets and mounts!!)

I guess if you really want to play free poker at high roller levels and don't want to build, it's only money. But I play the wsop App with fake money and ran 15k to 80 million. No real need to buy.

T

terryg642

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
paying for play chips

That's ridicolous why wouldn't you buy the wsop video game for a third of the price."There are only two things that are infinite ,the universe and human stupidity,and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstien

chipstacker

chipstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People are doing it

People are buying chips at Lock Poker which is pretty much the same thing. If I had known I wouldn't have deposited 400 on there.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont even think of that if you want poker really.Playmoney poker is not true poker.It will give you bad habit of playing.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spending $ 200 for the purchase of conventional money does not bring anything other than play money. If a player really wants to see big numbers at the box office, then why not spend the $ 200 on a big tournament where you can win a six-figure sum. Buying a huge amount of useless wrappers and remotely approximates the player to win the chance to one hundred thousand dollars.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it should be for free

i think it should be for free, and for people trying to learn some poker, by the way it should be very bore let´s say spending two hours everyday playing ficticious money,

to spend 165 million chips you need to play like if you were a pro, number of hour per day and 4 or 8 tables at the same time, but i still don´t get the excitement of this, actually sometimes when i´m playing in a real table and don´t see action for a while a get bored, so imagine playing 165 millions playing chips?

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you pay $50/month for cable TV?
Did you pay $50 for a video game?
If so, you're a fool b/c you can't win any money!!

People pay money to PLAY GAMES.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand why they would buy play chips. They could deposit instead and play for real. Maybe the play chips last longer, because you buy millions of play money chips, but still don't think is the best choice.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
buying chips is really useless as you get 1000 chips for free. just join those play money tables and build some fake money its not that hard. also why would someone waste so many hours in a play money tournament?. there are lots of freerolls at pokerstars to qualify the weekly round 2, so there is no reason to enter a 300 play money tourney, when you can play a freeroll for free and also getting the chance to qualify into a 2000 dollar tournament. I guess they have some reasons to do that....

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no mystery in this folks, bring food to the table, and people will eat, offer something crazy for sale, and people will buy.:deal:

N

NewbieOfPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
buy play chips so stupid, as i think

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I would not and will not buy play money. I don't see the point in doing so because either I will not deposit of if I do deposit would do it for real money.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why waste $200, you could turn that into so much more playing for real money.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never buy play chips=now back in the day on poker stars I sold a lot of the I think the exchange rate was a million p-chips for 10 bucks,im sure I did that at least 5 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Chips - History of Chips