would like to know

greywind50

greywind50

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Believe the bet. Wait for the hand. Spring the trap.

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My #1 rule is don't play online poker. Every time I follow it I save myself some money.

My #2 and #3 rules would probably be "Get good cards." And "Bluff when they'll fold." in no particular order.

But I really do try to follow my #1 rule.

clint_jacobs

clint_jacobs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since online poker does not require the level of skills that live poker do, my number one rule is also to manage my bankroll effectively, like NC_Royals mentioned. Then comes mastering the game very well, as well as applying bluffing skills effectively.

TexGuy

TexGuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience.
BRM.
Position - I only play premium hands in early position. My hand range widens if I'm in late position, and it's easier to control the game from late position.

Finally - poker is harder than I think it is.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say live by the sword, die by the sword

S

sportserh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight, but dont be afraid to play good hands!

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't focus on short term results. Focus on making the right decision each time and the money will take care of itself.

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be patient and wait for things to happen

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never, never, ever, ever play pocket J's.

R

rcbstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't see the other players, so you have to learn how they play.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I struggle to apply this rule consistently enough, but walk away when you seem to be haviing a run of bad luck. Live to play another day rather than exhausting your bankroll trying to turn things around.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't always play this way. but when i do it works out pretty well,
the secret is just playing straight forward good sound fundemental poker.

that means no fancy moves since the majority of the players online aren't that experienced these moves won't work on them as a rule. but don't take it from me i read it in "the little green book", by phil gordon.
this is the style he choses to use online--straight forward fundemental poker.

this theary explains why there's so many bad beats, atleast to me it does.
opponents don't know any better that's why they'll call more then fold.

but read a couple of good poker books and you'll discover your own secrets. i suggest more then one that way you can get different views, even though they all aggree on "the fundementals."

good luck and peace. :)

NeverFold

NeverFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is one of the most popular card games in the United States today. Whether you just like to play for fun or for high stakes, the best way to improve your poker skills is just to practice by playing. You must get to know the people at your table. Observe their mannerisms and behavior.

:congrats:

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everybody can have a different #1. Mine is probably to listen to that inner voice that tells me I'm beat. I tend to argue with it way too much. :(

Since online poker does not require the level of skills that live poker do, my number one rule is also to manage my bankroll effectively, like NC_Royals mentioned. Then comes mastering the game very well, as well as applying bluffing skills effectively.
Can't believe nobody else seized on this one? I'm curious as to what you mean here, because it's pretty widely accepted that for a given stake, online poker is much more difficult to play well.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My #1 Rule? **** it, I can suck out.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
number one rule. Be sure you have rakeback on your account. You might break out even after hundreds of hours of playing. But the rake you paid might have equaled $1000. If you have rakeback, you can get usually up to 33 percent of this back. So really you are not playing even poker because the house is charging juice. So get some of that juice returned to you. It might be the only profit you see.:eek: