(The Unofficial) CC's 100 Greatest Poker Tips
I was thinking... What one thing, one tip, one tidbit has helped my game drastically enough that I will always remember it?
Then I thought... Hmmm, I bet everyone's got one or a couple.
Then I remembered some golf magazine I got back when I was playing that would have one issue dedicated to just tips. "100 Best Golf Tips" or "50 Greatest Golf Tips" or something. They would get one from each of many different tour pros & teaching pros. These issues were really great sources of reference for tuning up one's game for years to come.
I figured that would be a good idea for a thread on CardsChat. Let's all post one favorite tip here that really helped us dramatically. Might be kinda cool.
- Tips only in this thread. Discussion is cool, but start another thread with the tip you see here as the title.
- One posted tip per member. If posting gets stagnant after a while, I guess another tip from a repeat member would be a fine jumpstart. (We'll try to get to 100)
- Make it short but sweet. Simple but meaty. Somewhere between Sklansky & Dr. Seuss. Maybe 2 sentences max.
- No repeats. That means you have to read them all before posting. Good way to learn something, too. If someone posted your idea already, try your 2nd or 3rd favorite tip.
- Keep tips to Hold'em for now. If this thing starts to run out of steam, then maybe some Omaha or Stud tips would help.
Let's have fun with this and hope to keep to the format. I'll start...