Work and Poker?

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello I don't work that many hours but when I get home I have lunch and at 2:00 p.m. I start playing MTT and I can be playing between 2 and 6 hours

E

Emiratos0221

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play in free time, especially at night, but it's a little frustrating that you can't participate in some tournaments because of work, the worst thing is when you have to leave a tournament due to work, but hey, there's nothing left for me to know how to manage myself to be able to enjoy this beautiful game.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I only play on weekends and not every weekend. So I would say I play when I can. I have a very good level but unfortunately I have my responsibilities such as work.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm retired now and my homework doesn't stop me from playing poker. Especially since I only play in the evenings.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12 hours a day work will lead to exhaustion..
I don't think I can play poker with 12 hour job. Maybe few hours on weekends for poker passion.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I work at work and after work I can play poker. Always as they say + to EV

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play every day in my spare time and on weekends.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you manage time when you have a 10- or 12-hour job and your passion is poker?
My work schedule allows me to easily combine work and poker. I work 2-3 days a week on average, so the other days I have enough free time to play. But I used to work 5 days a week and therefore only played poker on Sundays, or not at all.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It really becomes very difficult, I was only able to dedicate a lot of time to poker when I wasn't working, in order to feel comfortable playing I have to know that I have at least 6/7 hours to play and if I have already worked 12 it is impossible for me due to mental fatigue.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
This is something I struggled with for a long time. Especially that I used to play tournaments, slow tournaments.

Now I adapted and I mostly play quick formats like spin n gos, hyper 6max tourneys and the GG battle royale.

I leave the slow games to the weekends.

Gl at the tables

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Not always easy, especially since I can only play at night, but when there's a will there's a way. If poker is a hobby for you, and I assume it is, never put it first.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Heck, I'm retired 4 years and still can't play any more poker than when I worked - too busy with chores and family (not complaining at all lol) but with length of most tourneys, it is really hard to dedicate a long block of time to have a proper session.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you manage time when you have a 10- or 12-hour job and your passion is poker?
I work from home and my schedule allows me to easily combine poker and work. In fact, I almost always finish my work before lunch, and after lunch I can do my own thing. But if my working day lasted more than 10 hours, then probably lying on the sofa would be my hobby instead of poker.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
In this case, I think it is possible to play only on weekends or on rest days only in a completely concentrated way.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Difficult to reconcile with this workload, you can play 1 tournament a day or play cash games.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
If you work 12 hours a day, then it is advisable to play only on weekends.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker is a very very hard work, more hard work than normal work

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You can play one tournament a day, and if you have free days, invest them in it.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
After finishing the program at work, you get home and relax with a turbo tournament game :)

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm lucky that my job is 5 hours a day, so I have a lot of time to play poker, for those people who work 8 to 12 hours it shouldn't be easy

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My job is usually 8 hours, but I also had long times when I worked up to 9-10+ hours and had to commute daily 2 hours there and back.
Therefore, I focused during the week to play 1-3 SNGs per day depending on how I was running in them. I also played the FRC games of CC.
And only on Fridays and Saturdays, I played longer MTTs. Around 3-4 times per year, I also added some shots in bigger tourneys on Sundays, when I knew there will be a holiday or vacation on the next Monday.
Working from home-office made things much easier for me since 2020.