Work and Poker?

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But who works 12 hours still manage to find time to play poker?? And even if you do, you still have a few hours to dedicate to poker.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I find it hard to work 12 hours and find time to play poker.
Poker requires mental strength. And I don't think that a person who works for a long time will be able to keep his mental activity for more poker.
In general, the tournaments will be difficult in your case, so I think that allocating 2 hours to play cash game
It will be good.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • play on your days off
  • multi-table, if you can profitably
  • if you play mtts, note what mtts run during your hours after work so you can schedule accordingly
  • aim to play mtts with smaller fields as they don't run as long as bigger fields
  • play sngs or small multi-table sngs

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In that case you have to make poker a hobby and play short-lived tournaments like Sit&Go's, Cash Games and others!(y):unsure:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you manage time when you have a 10- or 12-hour job and your passion is poker?
It is difficult to combine if you have a busy work schedule. But options can always be found, such as playing only on weekends. Otherwise, you will have to give up something, either work or sleep.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
How do you manage time when you have a 10- or 12-hour job and your passion is poker?
If this job is in shifts (2 days work - 2 days off), you might be playing poker... I have played (real money) under such conditions. But if the job is every day - with one or two days off - it will be a hobby poker, nothing more... imo.

I'll share an example of a 12 hour work day (one day off): Wake up at 4am, toilet, maybe with morning coffee a few hands can be played - not much (not even time to deal the Aces)... Toilet, breakfast , 5:30am go to work, work, work, work, 6pm, time to go home, ~7:30-8pm home, toilet, dress up, dinner, i just thinking that i thinking about poker... dead, I don't even feel like playing... after 10 in the evening, I go to bed... tomorrow I will get up at 4 in the morning... And so until the day off, for example. Six days adds up to about 3 hours of poker and possibly if you play all day off (which is unlikely) it's purely a hobby...

(I recently had a break in poker of the order of 24+ without playing... and yesterday or the other day I sat down to play... Horror, I didn't know what was going on around me (at the tables), my stacks melted like ice cream, (before that I had a nightmare trip...) :)

Last edited:
Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Bro, managing time effectively when you have a full-time job and a passion for poker can be challenging, but with some careful planning and prioritization, it is possible. I share 2 tips.

1.- Set specific goals: Determine what you want to achieve in both your job and your poker playing. Set clear, realistic goals for each area of your life and establish a timeline for reaching them. This will help you stay focused and allocate your time accordingly.

2.- Create a schedule: Plan your time by creating a schedule that accommodates your work hours, personal commitments, and poker playing. Allocate dedicated time slots for poker practice, study, and actual play. Be consistent with your schedule and treat your poker activities as important appointments.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't. Go work, rest, repeat. On day-offs & holidays, be with family & more rest. Poker requires a considerable amount of time that in your situation is an unnecessary bad habit that disrupts your well being. Its like smoking, but I can't quit smoking so I get yah bud.

Seriously, wait until you have more free time in your hands to come back to poker so you would enjoy it better.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A year ago, I worked at a job and my working day lasted at least 10-12 hours. It was really difficult to combine work with poker. Therefore, I mainly played on weekends, and sometimes on weekdays if I came home from work sooner.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's complicated, specially if you have children. If you live alone you can still play for 1-2 hours daily and play more hours on the weekend. Like you said, your passion is poker, so, it's important to dedicate some time to your hobbies too.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I advise you to simply download a few tournaments after work and play like that, but there are still days off and you can sit down for a long time

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
well if you need to follow your passion of playing poker then you need to work so you can afoord it .. well thats only my opinion ...

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not like to have such a job, but when will I waste time on myself. So the whole life will pass by. I don't have such a problem.I won't even work without two days off.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Work takes too much time to play poker regularly. I only manage to catch some time for poker during the weekends and not always.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Poker is just fun for me.
In addition to working 8 hours a day, you can also find time to play. Anyone who sees it as a hobby will play anyway.
If we really want something, we make time for it.

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
you can play saturdays and sundays

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because of my job, I can't play poker, but I'm going to retire and I hope to be able to play more poker.

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The problem with working and playing poker constantly is that it's hard to reconcile with tournament schedules that I think are the best to play.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work during the day for 9 hours a day from Monday to Friday, in my case, work does not interfere with playing poker, because all tournaments are held in the evening.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
Difficult question. If work takes so much time, playing poker obviously won't work. Playing in fast hyper tournaments is also not an option because it is more of a lottery than poker. The only thing you can probably do is play on the weekend.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Very hard... my time poker îs reduce to weekend days and a little bit one or 2 days în the week...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I try to play a couple of tournaments after work so that I can go to bed and sleep early if I'm at work and if I don't have such an opportunity to play poker, I just don't play poker and try to play on the weekend when I have a day off because work is the main thing and then poker I think you should just prioritize and that's it and there's always time to play poker