Work and poker

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. In this topic I wanted to to know Pro your work and as you combine game in poker with work.I have for example seasonal work, spring, summer, autumn I work almost around the clock in the fields and therefore do not have enough time or energy for poker. To play poker it turns out only in the winter.

Yes. There is not enough energy. It happens that I just drain money, because I don’t know why I sat down to play. Poker does not interfere with work, but after work poker has no strength left.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided for myself that I would no longer sit down to play at cash tables. I think it doesn't work, then you should not continue to lose your money. Tournaments this is my game, like the level of play in tournaments I was able to improve I personally think so. Three days, three tournaments, all tournaments in prize money. I think that my level of play has improved. Previously, I was able to get from 7 tournaments 1-2 times to get into the prizes and then not always. I will continue to work on my game and try to improve it. While I lack skills when it's not full table of players, but remain 3-4 participants.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker when there is time and mood, sometimes there are long breaks

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You still have a lot of time for poker in the winter, and now you are so busy with work that even when you are at home, you do not have the strength to play. Here a couple of years ago when I was sick, then I dedicate to poker 12-14 hours almost every day.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weekend Player with Occassional Evenings

At first I used to play while I worked all day long as I have work from home and have a computer based job. That changed after a few weeks once I noticed how much the multi-tasking affected my game.

Now, I typically play A TON of games Friday to Sunday and then Monday to Thursday, I might only play 1 or 2 tourneys in the evenings but sometimes not at all. I have now found that this has had a positive impact on my overall game play so I probably won't go back to playing while I work.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker

Good afternoon everyone.
I play poker for over 1 year, study and practice full time.
I see poker as a profession, although I'm not a pro, but I'm studying hard.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm office worker and I work 8 hours a day 5 day's a week. I try to find at least 2-3hours in the evenings to play poker and weekends is poker time for me. Sometimes on Saturday's I play all day

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm self-employed, I manage and perform in a functions band. It's quite a seasonal business (lots of gigs in the Summer, wedding season, lots of gigs in December, office party season) and when there are gigs in the diary I put a hell of a lot of time and effort into preparing for them which, alongside family life, leaves pretty much zero hours spare for poker. When there aren't so many gigs in the diary, I SHOULD be spending more time looking for more gigs... but I tend to spend far too many hours playing poker instead!