Women in poker

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like to judge poker players by the history at the table. Couldn't care less of gender or ethnicity. So to answer the OP question, wouldn't matter who was at the table.

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gentlemen, the fact that more and more young and sometimes pretty women have started to play poker, does this influence your game?

Nope. My style of playing poker is not depending on the other players appereance :D

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically give more respect to a woman at the table. I have found in my experience that women in live game are better on average than the average male player. I do not however let the attractiveness of another player affect how I play against them.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your opponent's appearance affects your game then you should stay in the online world.

I think he is talking about the online world, I've seen some pretty good looking avatars lately, pretty hard not to go "all in" against them :)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Great to play against women and if they are beautiful even better and is not as painful when you win :D

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, more women play poker the better. It does not influence my game. In fact it should not matter the gender/person as long as your civil but also competitive.

C

Chibude4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite poker player is Vivian Saliba. She has many videos on YouTube in which she introduces her readers to poker. I think that she is very promising, she has a great future, she can catch Liv Boeri

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t understand why women in online poker should be a problem. If its true statistically that they are from nature more conservative, adjust. If theres a good woman player, it´s someone to learn from - Woman or man.

On live poker ofcourse you have either a better view or not. which may or may not distract you or other players. ;)

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t understand why women in online poker should be a problem. If its true statistically that they are from nature more conservative, adjust. If theres a good woman player, it´s someone to learn from - Woman or man.

On live poker ofcourse you have either a better view or not. which may or may not distract you or other players. ;)
I total agree with you SIR. POker is unisex........must to be like this......

HathelFoster

HathelFoster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got a feeling not as many women play live as there could be due to how creepy men can be.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was at a tournament and one older fellow sat between me and a young lady! She covered her face with a scarf? I thought ok, hiding tells, then it hit me! Stink, I checked myself quickly but it kept coming. The old timer next to me stunk! So I asked him if he owned a farm, No, then I asked if he worked on a farm, No, then I asked if he worked on a dump truck, NO!
He say, why are you asking me these questions, I said, because you do not smell good! He looked at me like I had two heads!
Lucky he was out in a few hands!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't be honest if I said playing against a man or a woman didn't impact my poker game in different ways; however, it isn't in the way many are referring to. I look at them as an opponent after my chips - man, woman: it doesn't matter in that sense. What does change is how I reason. Men and women clearly think differently in certain things; as a poker player who adapts to situations, I have to take these subtle differences into account. A lot of my poker energy is trying to think about how my opponent is thinking. :D

There is an argument to be made that many women poker players succeed because they just sit there and play their game. They aren't trying to "act macho" and intimidate everyone else because of their ego. A lot of men can learn from them. Like many women players (I am male), I just focus on the game and don't waste my energy with shenanigans like that.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great point wish more people thought this way. We can learn alot from women. I've seen quite a few strong female players. The 1 or 2 loud obnoxious women I've seen play usually lose. Interesting thread like to see what people think.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is for everyone - sex has no place here

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got a feeling not as many women play live as there could be due to how creepy men can be.

?? not true as creepy men would be taken advantage of by women players. one gets punished for ones vices.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you ask who is playing live, it may have little impact, but if they play online, then it is completely different.:D

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does not affect my game and would certainly like the nicer halves to be more and more in the poker world :p

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women have just as much right to play as do men. Sometimes a pretty woman will liven up the game, but, don't let that distract you.

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women do not play poker well. Women generally play poorly.