without playing for a while makes you lose the rhythm of poker?.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confess that I do in relation to CC, because on a daily basis we know a little about the game of certain players and with the removal this can even change.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends

a few days off, sometimes concentrated is good to rest your head to be able to go back more, but it will depend on how long you were playing without because if it's something from 1 to two weeks or even a month I think it's not half much

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually will take a week to 2 weeks off in a row a few time a year to just recharge. It usually helps me when I come back. My concentration level and just play in general is better after the break.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What you do in the time off likely impacts how it will affect your play.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree w/taking a little time off. I usually take a weekend or so to go and do some road-tripping w/the wife. Eat at some ma and pa's greasy spoon, check out some historical districts and such. Go and totally forget about poker and just enjoy ourselves. It works, too.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes a little break is good but you don't wanna get too rusty. Balance is definitely key.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think quite the opposite, sometimes it is better to stop playing poker for a while to put things in perspective, plan what your new form of strategies will be if they have not worked with the ones you play regularly, and above all, you recharge new energies to play with all the experience you already have. Regards.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it's true, but refresh can give you patience and understanding of some overbetting

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a short break, like a couple of days or a few weeks, I don't think you will lose the rhythm of poker. In my case, when I take 1-2 days off, I come back even more motivated to play.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My playing skills are lost in a week. You have to remember)

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since i play only online poker - i don't have rhythm issue but the changes made on the Apps and need to adjust the setting.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if the break you are having is more then 2 weeks , I think you're a little out of step, but it shouldn't take you long to get back in shape.:)

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, staying away from poker will make you lose the symphony needed to win, but you must move away to rest for a short period so that you do not become obsessed with it also.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think it hurts to take a little break every now and then. And sometimes it's just necessary to take a little break. Especially when you see that you run the risk of tilting. But even without such major problems, a break can also be good so that you can take a break from the game for a moment and reorganize yourself and then come back to poker with fresh energy

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I lose a little but quickly return

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
As someone that played poker online for 10+years I learned to enjoy my breaks to 'recharge' and usually my sessions go well after coming back - without having problems adjusting... Still, this might depend on each individual too as I have some friends with different experiences after coming back to the poker tables after taking breaks...

Have a great weekend everyone and GLGL at the tables!

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a few days off only to come down from a tilt, I regroup and start again.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Imo it's like riding a bicycle, you never forget it once you knew it.
It takes very little time to get back to shape.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I don't lose anything. but the time for poker is too short. something to do with it.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
twice a year I go on vacation for two weeks or so, playing poker is like driven, you never forget how to, unless you are too old. when I come back from vacations there is no difference. :deal:

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played for a long time, and then stopped for about 4 years without even opening a poker table. I played again the same year last year, and I believe my game is much better than before. Poker is a simple game to play, but complex to apply profitably, and it's constantly evolving, but I believe the essence is like riding a bicycle, you don't forget.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes I take breaks but not often. Usually my breaks last 1-2 days. In general, the break has a positive effect on my game, because after the break I become more patient and focused.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
2 days in a week without poker is a good idea for me.One, maximum two tournaments too.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If it is for a small break, I think it is very good and refreshing for the game!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Without playing for a while? More like the more i "play" the easier i "lose" the rythm of poker lol ...